Process Guard 3 Final AWARD Time is Here!!!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by worldcitizen, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

It looks like the final version of Process Guard 3 is entitled to start winning awards. The bugs and problems that beset earlier versions have all mostly been eliminated and I am pleased to report that I have been able to use Process Guard for the past 10 days without issue. Previous versions never made it past 2 days without major problems arising but now they are gone and that means that for those who have made the wise investment and purchased this product - you have the BEST PC Security protection on the planet!!

Installation: Installing wasn't a problem and after the reboot I went into 'learning mode' opening almost all my applications so that PG would detect the programs I am using regularly and allow necessary permissions. I think the learning technique is a bit antiquated as you just look at programs like Norton Intenet Security which, after installing, automatically runs a scan to find applications which need 'allow permissions' and then you are also given a choice to add or remove programs. PG would highly benefit from using a scanner to automatically detect users programs to add to it's already 'default' list of system files & programs. Also, it would make the program much easier for beginners and newcomers and increase sales as a result. The current set up in learning mode requires users have a lot of time to spend opening and closing programs when a scanner may very well achieve the same results.

Also, after installation my PC would not log off or reboot or shutdown without at least a 3 minute wait. I am told that this seems to be a bug that will be fixed in the next version but after about 3 reboots the problem automatically disappeared.

Installation and learning: 3/5

User Friendliness: Once I was up and running I ticked all 4 'Global Protection Options' and I was 'protected'. Occasionally I received a request for permission for new programs but apart from that it worked perfectly. User switching also worked flawlessly as I have my account and my wife's and she has used her account for the past 10 days without having to 'call for help' so I am very happy that PG 3 is working so smoothly without problem. I like the log, the layout, the colours and basically the simplicity of everything.

The fact that I haven't had to ask anyone for help or email DCS for tech support shows that this program is very simple to operate and understand once the basics have been set up. So for user friendliness once the program has been installed and 'learning mode' set up I'll give it a 5.

User Friendliness: 5/5

Protection - Process Guard is all about protecting your pc by protecting your security software as well as essential services from being disabled or shut down by any form of malware, virus, trojan or worm. Anything that tries to install itself 'invisibly' will prompt a pop up window from PG requesting your permision and I found this worked flawlessly 100% of the time which meant basically that 'I' not others or other programs have the 'last say' as to what changes, additions or installs are made to my PC. Here, the USER is in charge, not the worm or virus or malware and this is the beauty of PG.
    Also, I found that it uses very little resources and only appears at important times to alert you to possible changes a program wants to make to your pc and faithfully awaits your orders. I used PG 3 for about 11 days and so far haven't had any problems or blue screens or any system instability. I actually don't even notice it anymore.

I have about 45 processes running and stacks of programs and games that all work flawlessly once I have given them the initial permission when requested by PG and now I can get on with my life and be fully protected also knowing that my security software can't be turned off. Previous incompatibilities with Giant Anti-Spyware have been fixed and now I can do anything and enjoy the best protection on the planet without slowdowns or system instability so for protection I must give a 5/5.

Protection 5/5

Stability: Perfect stabillity was the result of this version so another 5/5 for Stability.

Stability 5/5

Overall the only problem was the slowdown after installation. Everything else went flawlessly and perfectly from the 1st day of installation to now, 11 days after, so I am very happy about this. The suggestion to make learning mode less tedious and more an automated process is a suggestion which I think should be looked at seriously and if possible implemented because it would make PG 3 just that more perfect if it can be improved any more.

Congratualtions to DCS for a wonderful product (at last) and although I had to wait for a long time to get a PG that worked perfectly I accept and understand that this is 'cutting edge' technology 'never been done before' so it was a very complicated operation that was bound to have problems along the way. But DCS stuck with it and now all that is needed is to 'spread the word' about the 'best PC protection on the planet'.

I hope others will add their reviews here as a way of introducing others who may be interested in Process Guard.

I think by now I have established myself on this forum as one of the most avid critics of DCS software but if they DELIVER then I am just and fair so Process Guard gets the 'Critics Award'. The prize is a thread complimenting it's program with view of increasing sales and introducing new people to the program in question as well as encouraging others to join in to promote Process Guard in this thread with view of increasing sales because it is the BEST SECURITY SOFTWARE AVAILABLE ON THIS PLANET PERIOD!!

So if you AGREE with this award then please ADD comments to promote Process Guard 3 and introduce it to new users.

David N

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I totally agree and have and will recommend to other users. Nice review!

Thanks,

Chris

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I put v2 on a friend's machine (total computer newbie, we put together his first computer earlier this year), and he downloaded, installed, and remarked at how the new verision is so much more intuitive and easy to understand. I think I've given him less advice on this than any other program he's wanted to run :)

I myself love it, and would never go without!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

David, Many thanks for your review

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The DiamondCS team deserves this!!!

Thanks for all your work on this excelent program... :D

6. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I 100% agree with what has already been said in this thread.

I urge DCS to get this security tool more in the public eye such as through computer/technical magazines such as PcWorld, etc. Promote! Promote! Promote! Perhaps get the guy on CNN's NEXT to review it :rolleyes:

We all benefit from increased utilization of tools like ProcessGuard....for sure.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Thanks Dave. I wholeheartily agree.

Pete

8. jay111

jay111 Registered Member

:D
    nice post !
    agreed 100%
    excellant programme.
    regards
    jay111
    :D

9. webster

webster Registered Member

YES IT IS

10. Inviernos

Inviernos Registered Member

Process Guard 3.050 delivers the goods! :cool:

I am thankful you folks have poured yourselves into developing software that is benevolent, not malevolent. Only Heaven could have helped us, if you had been trojan and virus programmers.

Progcess Guard 3.050 is a program that has reached its prime, yet continues to mature. As far as security is concerned, it gives us some breathing room.

The job of security is ongoing, but it's wonderful to know that I can once again practice "safe surfing" because of this terrific PC prophylactic.

Bravo!

Ricardo

11. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Thanks for the post Dave :)...nice review mate!

Best regards,
    Jade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.