Process Guard 3.4 and Defense Wall 1.61

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by starfish_001, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Since I installed new versions of PG and DW yesterday - DW has been unable to initalise its driver. THere is nothing in the PG log to indicate it is interfering but it is the only thing that I have changed? The event log shows DW as timing out on load but.... why?

Anyone else having a problem or is it something else

2. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I had the same problem with 1.61 yesterday and I am still using 3.3. I finally shut down PG protection and had to reboot a couple of times to get the DW driver to work . Now everything is fine.

3. starfish_001

Thanks - PG will not uninstall clean - says it is complete but seems to leave bits behind - no gui but some exe protection seems to remain or rather a diagloue pops up.

Defense wall will not load its driver maybe PG - as I can't remove it completely.

Are there any manual removal instructions?

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Check the Sticky "Upgrading Older Versions". That should do it.

5. starfish_001

THanks but ...

1) Reboot your operating system into SAFE-MODE. To do this Reboot your machine, and just after your BIOS screen disappears keep pressing the F8 key. A menu should appear, select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.
    2) Run Process Guard's uninstall utility. You can see this from the Start Menu -> Process Guard -> Uninstall.
    3) To verify the removal, make sure procguard.sys does not exist in (c:\windows\system32\drivers) directory, and that procguard.dll and pguard.dat are not in your system32 directory (c:\windows\system32). If they still exist delete them.
    4) Reboot your machine and Process Guard should now be remove

That I did - except for deleting the driver - but there are stilll registry entries?

6. starfish_001

Um don't think PG is involved in this - even on it own DW will not init with this build

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.