Process Guard 3.4 and Defense Wall 1.61

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by starfish_001, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Since I installed new versions of PG and DW yesterday - DW has been unable to initalise its driver. THere is nothing in the PG log to indicate it is interfering but it is the only thing that I have changed? The event log shows DW as timing out on load but.... why?

Anyone else having a problem or is it something else

2. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I had the same problem with 1.61 yesterday and I am still using 3.3. I finally shut down PG protection and had to reboot a couple of times to get the DW driver to work . Now everything is fine.

3. starfish_001

Thanks - PG will not uninstall clean - says it is complete but seems to leave bits behind - no gui but some exe protection seems to remain or rather a diagloue pops up.

Defense wall will not load its driver maybe PG - as I can't remove it completely.

Are there any manual removal instructions?

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Check the Sticky "Upgrading Older Versions". That should do it.

5. starfish_001

THanks but ...

1) Reboot your operating system into SAFE-MODE. To do this Reboot your machine, and just after your BIOS screen disappears keep pressing the F8 key. A menu should appear, select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.
    2) Run Process Guard's uninstall utility. You can see this from the Start Menu -> Process Guard -> Uninstall.
    3) To verify the removal, make sure procguard.sys does not exist in (c:\windows\system32\drivers) directory, and that procguard.dll and pguard.dat are not in your system32 directory (c:\windows\system32). If they still exist delete them.
    4) Reboot your machine and Process Guard should now be remove

That I did - except for deleting the driver - but there are stilll registry entries?

6. starfish_001

Um don't think PG is involved in this - even on it own DW will not init with this build

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.