Proboards forum, can't stay logged in

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Jul 6, 2017.

1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I just registered on a Proboards forum and for some reason I can't stay logged in. If you're familiar with Proboards you know you have a Proboards global username and password and another username and password for the individual forums. When I log into my global account I select "Remember me" and I can stay logged in no problem. But on the forum, there's no "Remember me" option, I just click the Login link on the Home page and it logs me in. When I login, it saves the relevant cookies which I have whitelisted; they never delete, but when I return to the forum I'm logged out again.

I started a thread on the forum which I'm trying to stay logged into and asked if others were having the same problem and one person said they were but then it resolved itself, another said he was staying logged in with Firefox. Since yesterday no one else has reported the same problem. I'm not having this issue on any other sites so I was wondering if anyone can think of a reason this might be happening? I'm using Firefox and I tried Safe Mode but it still didn't work. I tried "Always Accept" third-party cookies but that didn't work either.

Don't know if it matters but this is the forum http://tarotsphere.proboards.com/

2. allizomeniz

I created a new test profile in Firefox and it's working just fine. Good news is I know it's something in my setup, bad news is it's something in my setup. :mad:

3. allizomeniz

Problem SOLVED. There are different URLs when you're logged in and when you're logged out. The bookmark I was using opened the logged out URL. Now using the logged in URL and it works perfectly. First time for everything I guess. :argh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.