Problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ianua, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianua

Ianua Registered Member

Hi,
    I turned off my PC last night and upon switching it on this morning its not letting me log on to Msn Messenger. For that matter it appears that I cant access any msn sites at all.

I've taken my norton firewall off and am running with the windows firewall on. It appears that the firewall is enabled to let msn worko_O

I'm getting "sorry am unable to log you in at this time error 80072efd".

I can log in using my work laptop with a gprs card, so its not msn being down as it were.

It appears that msn is not recognising that im connected to the interneto_O? Does anyone have any ideas?

PS: If it helps it wont allow me to access online gaming either such as "medal of honour"

I've tried it with the firewall on and off and I get the same responses.

2. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

weird... try turning off windows firewall.

list out any other programs you may have installed that you think may be conflicting... second firewall? AV?

did anything special in the last two days? new installs? new user for Windows?

what's your windows version? Network hardware?

tried editing your Hosts file?

if you feel any information is unnecessary or if you feel uncomfortable giving out these details... wait till someone from the "expert" cadre arrives and asks a specific question... but keep the answers ready.

MODS : shouldn't this post be in "other firewalls" ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.