Problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MetalDemon, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalDemon

MetalDemon Registered Member

I have a lot of problems.

A. My mouse freezes every once in a while if i dont use it.
    B. I can't log on to some sites. For example, i go to www.tmobile.com and everything is fine. Then i go to new user for the myTmobile, and it says page cannot be displayed. I tried refreshing, but it dint help. I thought it might just be that site, or a temporary problem, so I went to hotmail and tried to sign on, but same thing... Page Cannot Be Displayed. I thought it might be temporary but several days later... same thing. My Yahoo Mail works perfectly, so possibly it is a problem with those websites? However, I asked my friend to try his hotmail, and it worked fine.
    C. I installed Mozilla to see if it was a browser problem, and it says, wen i even try to access yahoo, 'connection was refused'. Refused by whom? I didnt press cancel.
    D. I had Norton Internet Security 2002 installed with NAV 2002. I tried to uninstall NIS and NAV but it gives me an error message. But the thing is sum1 had deleted my NIS shortcut on the start menu and in c: program files. So i cant access the program at all now. Reinstalling it doesnt work, it gives me the same error, exactly.
    E. My Windows Update will not work. It gives me error 0x800C0005.
    F. My SpywareGuard LiveUpdate will not work.
    G. i had installed NAV 2003, but shortly after my first live update, the live update there stopped working also. I had installed NAV 2003 over NIS 2002. I had recently uninstalled it (today) thinking maybe i would be able to uninstall NIS now, but... no.

Well im sure there are other problems right now but in my feverish state i cant think of any. These are enuf anyway. If anyone has any ideas to help my stupid Dell 2.53 GHz Windows XP, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. And i dont really know how to post pictures so... sorry

Attached Files:

• WTF.jpg
      WTF.jpg
      File size:
      74 KB
      Views:
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi MetalDemon :)

WoW u still have some of the same problems as before ;)

ok,

A- have u tried to uninstall, reinstall your mouse?

I had some mouse problems in the past and this seemed to fix mine.

I will skip to "D" becuse i think a lot of your problems stem from here.

U say u have NIS2002 and NAV2002 installed on your comp.

NIS is combination AV and firewall. If u run NAV2002 u have another AV also running and i think there will be conflict there. Even though it is both norton's products, it is not wise to run 2 AV"s simultaneously. Just pick one and uninstall the other.

E- the description i get from the internet for your windows update error is CANNOT LOCATE THE INTERNET SERVER OR PROXY SERVER

This problem and your Spywareguard problem could be related to your AV problem but i'm not sure.

If u reinstall NAV2003 make sure all your other nortons apps. are uninstalled. Don't copy over. U need to clean install.

From what i can make out on your screenshot
    when u uninstall NAV make sure u have supervisor access.

Iam certainly no expert but hopefully some of these ideas will help u.

Post back if u still have problems.

snowbound

3. MetalDemon

I can't uninstall NIS 2002. I don't know what 'supervisor access' means. I do know that NIS 2002 is NOT running at thsi time. And i dont know how to start it up so i will have supervisor access... Maybe safe mode would help... and im not sure how to get into safe mode in windows xp.

How do i reinstall my Logitech mouse?

I'm sorry I'm jsut a clueless human being. Some of these things may seem obvious but I am very bad with computers because I usually don't bother fixing up my problems. Thanks again.

4. snowbound

Can u uninstall NAV2002 then.

For supervisor rights u have to log back into NIS and it should give u the option to choose supervisor rights. I used to have NIS2002 but it has been a while so iam unsure about this, sorry.

The main thing is too only have 1 AV on your system.

As for your mouse just unplug it, turn your computer off, plug the mouse back in and restart your computer.

U should see a message that XP detects new hardware.

Just follow whatever it tells u to do.

If u want to go into safemode just restart your computer and just before u see your bios start to hit F8 and keep pressing it till u see the safemode screen, then just follow the instuctions.

snowbound

5. snowbound

Another thing is do u have Dell support?

I have the same computer as u and when i first got mine i used to call them every other day with these type of problems and they would guide me through how to fix them.

snowbound

6. MetalDemon

I DO hav Dell support.. rather i did, i think it ran out already im not sure.

7. snowbound

If u have had your computer under a year u should still have support.

snowbound

8. MetalDemon

Also... my mouse is wireless :doubt:
    And the problem is i cant log back on to NIS 2002. Theres no shortcut anywhere. I think they got deleted.

9. snowbound

ohhh sorry, i did not know that. Iam unfamiliar with a wireless mouse.

Do u still have the installer in one of your folders? Sometimes even when u uninstall some of these programs they leave the installer behind.

The easy way to find out is do a search for nortons or NAV or NIS.

snowbound

10. MetalDemon

WoW WoW!!! I found the NIS folder in Program Files. I could almost swear that it wasn't there be4! Then I started IAMAPP.exe, with my lucky first try, and NIS was running again. Then I went to Add or Remove and it REMOVED it!!! WoW! Thanks a lot! I checked SpywareGuard live update... IT WORKS! I checked Windows Update... IT WORKS!!! Ill check if my mouse problems went away, which i doubt, but who knows. Also, i checked through Mozilla, and Mozilla was working perfectly. WoW!!

Thanks a lot, really... I prb would never hav checked in Program Files again. The first time i had checked, i just prb dint notice that file. Thank you!

Well.. okay so the mouse problems dint go away. Does anybody know how to reinstall a wireless mouse?

Again thanks a lot :D

11. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi MetalDemon,

In Start > Run > msconfig > OK
    On the startups tab uncheck: Logi_MwX.Exe

Then reboot and see if your mouse works properly.

Regards,

Pieter

12. MetalDemon

I'm sorry but that didnt help it still freezes... any other ideas?
    Thanks though :)

13. snowbound

Hi MetalDemon :)

Glad u got everything working again(except your mouse) ;)

Hopefully someone will be able to help u with that.

I will look for some links to see if i can find any information on this.

snowbound

14. Pieter_Arntz

Hi MetalDemon,

What I made you do was effectively switch from the Logitech driver to the built-in XP driver.

Have you found a site where to download the proper driver or do you need help looking for it?

Just name the brand and type and off we are. ;)

Regards,

Pieter

15. MetalDemon

I hav a Dell mouse by Logitech
    How do i find my model number?

16. Pieter_Arntz

17. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

I've got a Logitech optical mouse (not wireless), which probably uses a similar (but of course different, because you're wireless) set of MouseWare drivers.

If you check the Logitch site (sorry, don't have addy, but it should be in the Logitech Help), you'll find that they issed updated MouseWare drivers and installation kits fairly recently, maybe a couple of months ago. Try updating and see if that helps -- it cleared up some problems I'd been having with mine, particularly setting the scrolling speed for the center wheel.

Best,
    Mike

18. MetalDemon

I looked on the site but i cant find my mouse. its a dell mouse by Logitech. And i have the most recent driver... o_O

19. MetalDemon

And magically... it appears my mouse problems hav evaporated.... o_O

at the same time... :D

Thanks for every1s help :)

20. snowbound

It's nice that u have it all working again MetalDemon :cool:

snowbound

21. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If this problem happens again go to your device manager and find your mouse in the list and right click it and delete it and then close every thing and reboot and it will reinstall the default driver back. If your driver has been corrupted it will put a clean driver back. ;)

22. MetalDemon

Thanks a lot, ill save that for future reference ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.