Problems with Win server 2003 SP1

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by danirc, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danirc

danirc Registered Member

Hi,

I installed the new SP1 for Windows Server 2003. After a few minutes i got a Remote Procedure Call (RCP) service shutdown and my computer needs to reboot. I uninstalled NOD32 and the problem went away. Are there compatibility problems with SP1 o_O?

thanks,

Dan.

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi danirc:

Welcome to Wilders!

Nothing other than having IMON unloaded (grey, not red) on any server. I have NOD32 loaded on quite a few servers.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A new beta, which is supposed to remedy this issue, is going to be released shortly. Please check our website www.eset.com on a regular basis for the latest news.

4. PROPP

PROPP Registered Member

Yet another serveradmin with the exact same problem: Installed SP1 on 2003 server standard ed. (function = DC). and the server went in to a loop of reboots due to RPC failure. Uninstalled SP1 and disabled AMON, installed sp1 again, reboot and the same failure occured. Uninstalled NOD32 and problem solved!

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Be sure IMON is actually turned off on the server (indicated by a grey IMON's icon). The technique used by IMON may cause problems on servers and therefore it's not recommended to enable it on servers though it works fine in most cases. As you might have noticed, IMON is turned off on servers by default and the new beta displays a warning when attempting to install IMON on servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.