Problems with using TDS3 and Outpost Pro?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Quill, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill

Quill Registered Member

Hi, I wonder if anyone else has experienced the problem I seem to be having?

I recently installed TDS3 for evaluation and I use Outpost pro 2.5 as my firewall. Following installation I started to suffer multiple BSOD, which I had not had before the installation of TDS.

Having removed stopped TDS from autostarting, the problem went away.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Welcome to the forum!
    They run fine together but at installing TDS you should temporary close all your scanners and by the looks you should close OP as well temporary, reboot after TDS install, all should be fine now.
    Most people start TDS manually after the reboot to speed up it's startup scans.
    And don't forget to get to the TDS site to get the daily update, drop it in the TDS directory before you (re)load TDS.

Does this solve your problem?

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks for that link Antarctica.
    Quill wich version of windows are you using? In that thread lots of people are with win2000, many solved it going back to Outpost2.1.
    But if you solved it by starting TDS manually after a reboot that sounds as an interesting solution if all after that goes well.

Now i wonder of course if closing all scanners and Outpost and installing TDS another time over itself, reboot and start the way you want (autostart or manually) solve your problems completely.

But again i was told they programs work fine together.

5. A884126

A884126 Registered Member

I am both registered user for OP and TDS. I am using the latest releases and I never experience a BSOD.

Actually I did experience BSOD but far in the past with OP 2.1, but never related to TDS or other DiamondCS products.

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Quill, are you using the latest version of Outpost 2.5.375.4822 (374)?, and are you perhaps also using a Pentium with Hypertreading. Earlier versions of OP had a problem with Hyperthreading, it was "solved" with the latest version of OP. :)

7. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

I ran OP on two machines in Jan/Feb. On one I had TDS3 installed & OP BSODed regularly and often. On the other TDS3 was not installed and OP still BSODed regularly and often.

Don Pelotas, how recent is the fix for this you mentioned? Since I do own a lifetime licence for OP I'm always looking for a chance to come back to it.

8. A884126

A884126 Registered Member

This is no particular fix. You just need to upgrade to the latest version. Many BSOD have been solved.

9. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

From version 2.5 (build 369/369) and on:
    I remember Robyn (i don't use a HT-PC myself) having BSOD's on a Hyper Threading PC, those are gone now she has reported: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=398412&postcount=4 .

The last version 2.5.375(374) is very stable, some of the first 2.5 wasn't, i've never seen any conflicts between OP & TDS-3.

Outpost Personal Firewall Pro History of changes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.