Problems with Upgrade from 8.1 to 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gordog, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordog

gordog Registered Member

Good Afternoon, *puppy*

I recently received an email from Acronis [central@acronis.com] stating that 9.1 was ready and can be downloaded and installed for use. I download the program however when I try to upgrade it asks for a serial number. The one I put in doesn't work.

The original serial number works with the 8.1. In fact I removed the Acronis Server and Console and rebooted the server. I installed the 8.1 and entered the serial number sent with the 8.1 software. When I try to install the 9.1 it won't accept the 8.1 serial number. What do I do now? Should I upgrade or just stay with 9.1?

And another question. I have recieved email from Acronis support telling me the 85 licenses we have purchased are only upgrades. How come all the 85 licenses we purchased are only "upgrades"? Shouldn't they be original installation programs?

Gordon Deppe
    L-3 Communications

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I would think the licence for 9.x would be different to 8.x . Are the licences the same on your upgrade page - assuming you can get that far with 9.x .

I imagine as you have 85 'original' copies (in theory), then it would be correct that you now have 85 upgrade licences.

My install is one full copy of TI9 and an upgrade for a system that had a full copy of TI8 - I think it is just the licence that is different and not the program.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the e-mail which you receive from central@acronis.com and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to help you as soon as possible.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will try to clarify that issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. gordog

gordog Registered Member

I have sent emails back and forth. We have purchased Maint for these liceneses. Is there a phone number we can call?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gordog,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

I'm afraid that we are not able to post the phone number of Acronis Technical Support on the Forum.

Could you please send me a Private Message containing your serial number for Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support and your e-mail address?

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The phone number is publically available on their Home page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.