problems with TI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bkg2006, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkg2006

bkg2006 Registered Member

I'm trying out the trial version of TI10, and ran into two issues

1) The notification/email in tools->options doesn't exist. Is this only a full-purchase option?

2) The archive/file splitting doesn't appear to work for scheduled backups.

Setup:
    A) I've created a backup location (on a network share) that does have an NTFS filesystem (so there is no 4GB limitation).

B) I've set the default backup options to split with manual file size (7.96GB - for dvd-dl archival later)

C) Create a scheduled backup using default settings. (tried all
    types full/incremental/differential).

D) Manually run the scheduled job, all result in a single large backup file, no splitting. Also tried using some "default/preset" sizes, with the same result.

Running a backup "now" from the main screen also does the same thing.

If my target backup location is fat32 is does split on 4gb boundaries, but not on any smaller specified sizes.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brian

2. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I am not sure about the file splitting under ver 10 as I just got it the other night and have not tested everything yet but on the notification/email, I have seen others reporting with screenshots that it was not even listed in the options under the trial version. This appears to definitely be only in the full-purchase version. I checked in mine which I bought and it is there.

3. bkg2006

buying the full version does show the email notification (and that works!), but I still have the same file splitting issue. It completely ignores this setting.

4. bkg2006

Quick update... this only occurs if I use a predefined backup location.

If I just use a simple network share and specify an archive name, it will split correctly.

This defeats the purpose of setting the backup location and the quotas for number of backups, total size of backups though.

Looks like a bug...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bkg2006,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as Atomic_Ed said the issue with missing "Notifications" button in the options of the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is already known and was fixed. The fix will be included into the trial version of the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Please note that archive splitting option is not available when you store the image to the Backup Location. This was done by design since the general purpose of the Backup Location is automatic management of your image archives, stored in local or network folders called backup locations. Usually, Backup Location uses in conjunction with scheduled tasks to create a reliable backup strategy.

If you would like to split the image archive into several files in order to be able to burn them to removable media (CD or DVD discs) later one should not store the image archive to Backup Location but uses another regular folder instead.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.