Problems with the hue or the tint on my pc screen

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RCGuy, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Does anyone know why the tint or the hue for the reds and the oranges on my desktop screen and webpages would be off a little bit? I recently had my computer repaired and they had to replace my video card. Does anyone think that that could have had anything to do with it? I called the repair shop and they said that nothing can be done to adjust the hue or the tint on a pc screen. Also, you know how your pc screen turns gray when you click the Start button and you click on "Turn Off Computer"? Well, my screen doesn't turn gray anymore when I click on "Turn Off Computer" since I got my computer back from the repair shop.

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

You left out a bit of crucial info.What type of monitor?

All I can suggest is to try a manual degauss.Newer monitors do this automatically.LCD and Plasma monitors don't need degaussing.

http://wiki.ehow.com/Degauss-a-Computer-Monitor

3. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

1. The video card may not have been seated properly at repair. This can cause this problem. If you're comfortable re-seating it yourself, you might consider doing it.
    2. The drivers for the video card might have horked on installation a little bit. You might try reinstalling them.
    3. The cable from your monitor to your video card may be loose. Check the connection to the PC and make sure it's tight.

Starting points. ;)

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

After you have checked all of the above suggestions, the monitor color is adjustable with the buttons on the front of the monitor. the color shouldn't have to be adjusted with a new video card, but it is possible. if after trying all of the suggestions in this thread and if the color won't adjust I would have the shop that put the video card in to replace it as it is probably faulty.

5. mikisu

mikisu Registered Member

Also,if you can access the adjustability,try this freeware for correct color adjustment;

http://quickgamma.de/infoen.html

Mike

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Hi, everyone. Sorry about taking so long to get back to this thread, but I've been real busy lately. Now regarding my monitor, it's a ViewSonic brand with the number E771 on it. You may know more about that than I do. I bought the monitor used. And as far as degaussing it, I'll do that right now. .....Nope, no "dwoing" sound. ;) ....Step 2. ....Okay, I just degaussed myself! :D Also, I just checked a few sites that I frequent in addition to my Desktop icons, and the reds and the oranges are back to their glory. :D I don't know what I would do without you guys. :D Also, a very big thanks to Franklin. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.