Problems with Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by John Farrar, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I want to 'roll back' my XP Pro installation so I chose an earlier image in TrueImage (latest build). The PC had to reboot for the restore. I get 'Acronis TrueImage Loading..' followed by the cursor and that is as far as it goes.

"OK" thinks I. "I'll boot from the CD" The process gets as far as the Acronis splash screen and then I get a black screen with the blinking cursor. That is as far as that goes. So Restore - no can do. :oops:
    Any thoughts please?
    TIA
    John

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hiya John,

There is no difference between booting into recovery mode from within TI or via the full boot rescue CD; they both load the Linux environment.

When you say "latest build" I'm assuming you mean 791. In which case, hopefully, you kept a copy of your previous build's installation file and associated (working) boot rescue CD!!

Have you tried the acpi=off noapic workaround detailed in the <Acronis Support sticky>. If that doesn't work then it looks as if one of the newer Linux device drivers is incompatable with your hardware. Which means you need to contact support@acronis.com and include the info that's again detailed in the linked Sticky above.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.