Problems with restore..error reading file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paulimmoos, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulimmoos

paulimmoos Registered Member

I'm working on deciding between Symantec or Acronis for our backup needs.

I have been able to work around the problems DFS-R causes us (Server 2003R2, Acronis TI Ent Server 8206), but now when restoring to a spare drive or even an external I keep getting error reading file errors.

Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0B2F
    Operation canceled by user (0x70022)
    Tag = 0xF6013C318C15A6DB
    Cancelled. (0x4000F)
    Tag = 0xFDC1CBDF2C233625

I can't seem to figure out what is causing the issue with the restore. I currently have been able to restore about 60% fo the backup file on another machine (Server 2008 basic install), before I ran out of space.

Ideas as far as services to possibly disable? I'm not sure why one PC has this error.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello paulimmoos,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Could you please clarify where the backup file is placed (whether it's on internal, external, or network hard drive)? If it is located on external or network hard drive, try to copy the archive to another directory to avoid the possible connection malfunction.

Have you validated the archive after its creation? Backup file corruption can cause the recovery failure.

If you perform the operation from Windows, please do it under Acronis Booting rescue media and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.