Problems with Renewal

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mlittle1105, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlittle1105

mlittle1105 Registered Member

I have a feeling that I'm misreading the confirmation email from ESET, or that I'm just overlooking something really simple here.

My ESET Nod 32 Antivirus (4.0) expires in six days. So I followed the instructions and renewed for one year online. Got two emails, as they said I would. One was a receipt and the other was supposed to be the renewal instructions.

I've followed the instructions in the 2nd email (e.g. open window, enter new password and then update virus signature database) but nothing is happening. It just tells me that there are no virus signature updates available at this time. And the ESET Nod 32 icon in my system tray remains yellow (instead of going back to green, as I expected).

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If your virus update is numbered 4385, it is the latest. Since you have received your license renewal, give the program time to update, both with the next set of definitions and your renewal.

3. mlittle1105

Well, I did a reboot last night and then checked it again this morning. It showed that it updated the virus definitions at around 8am (4386), but it is still showing that the existing license "will run out shortly." Anyone have any suggestions?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Have you tried to verify your license? Click on help in the gui and select "verify license validity".

ESET does state that it may take 24-48 hours before the license has processed.

5. mlittle1105

That did the trick! Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.