Problems with Remote Admin Console

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by JoeyJoeJoe, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Registered Member

Recently did a clean install of ERAS/ERAC 4.0 and since then I've observed the following issues with the console:

• Refresh client list sometimes returns only a handful of clients
    • Multiple console sessions cause console to hang
    • Error occurred during last refresh. Check server log for more information
    • AD syncrhonization inconsistent. Some objects from AD are not importing
    • Policies are uneditable. "Policy tree refresh" error
    • Restarting the ESET service on the server 10-12 times a day

JJJ

2. tmiller_hockey

tmiller_hockey Registered Member

I'm experiencing the only a few clients on refresh thing. Seems if I force a refresh then it lists all clients.

Can't say I've seen the other things yet but I'll keep an eye out.

3. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Welcome to version 4....

As for your list, besides your last issue of having to restart the service multiple times a day I've had all the same issues. The service has been solid on my server though, I haven't restarted it a single time. However, I do not serve updates through the embedded web server.

Are you using the HTTP server built into ERAS?

If you are, I would highly HIGHLY recommend using IIS if you can. I had all sorts of issues using the embedded HTTP server in v3 causing me to restart the service multiple times a day. I switched to IIS and never had an issue since, and the Clients download the updates noticeably faster through IIS.

4. JoeyJoeJoe

You mean the ESET RA HTTP Server? If so, then yes I am using that.

5. JoeyJoeJoe

What is the role of the HTTP RA service? If it is just to provide a repository for updates then I don't think that impacts how the list of clients is refreshed. I plead ignorance here. Thanks for any insight.

6. jeramy_t

jeramy_t Registered Member

Im having some what of the same issue, console hangs (but on any user) because the service is hanging on the server its self. also running the ESET http serv.

do you show any errors in the event log?
    is it on a 64 bit os or 32?

7. JoeyJoeJoe

My Applicaiton log is bloody with hundreds of ERA_SERVER errors. Mostly similar to the following:

8. JoeyJoeJoe

Anyone?

9. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Hi,

Have you attempted to create a custom list or ip search?
    With custom list you can import a txt file with all your client machines, Or with Ip search you can create a range and name the group as well.
    Can you browse to these machines via explorer in the Microsoft windows network?

Regards,

Jesus

10. gmbilisim

gmbilisim Registered Member

I ma experiencing the same problem, i have the latest ra console and server, restarted many times, restarted the server as well. using sql db. Have about 50-60 clients. But this problem started with the 4.0.122 version... I am very annoyed with the problem. Asked ESET team but they do not made any comment.

11. JoeyJoeJoe

What ended up helping my situation was going to Server Options > Server Maintenance and setting the firewall logs deletion to one day, then setting the cleanup scheduler to clean daily at 3am and compact/repair daily at 4am. The eratradb SQL database and log file was out of control huge. This did improve performance (fewer refresh errors, list of clients doesn't disappear/reappear automatically.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.