Problems with Promise SATAII150 TX4

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Forellenblau, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!

I'v bought a Promise SATAII150 TX4 and had trouble yesterday with Acronis True Image 8.0 Corp. Edition build 1158 (with rescue-CD).

I am running 2 SATA-drivers and the Plextor 716SA-burner with the Promise

1. True Image does not recognize the drives attached to the Promise controllers.
    I wanted to restore an image of partition C (system) and TrueImage crashed, so I lost alle the partitions of that drive.
    2. TrueImage refused to restore even from a cd-drive, that is attached to my motherboard P4C800E-Deluxe, TrueImage crashed immediately.

After 3 hours of try-and-error i found out, that the SATA-Plextor-drive (that i attached to the motherboards SATA-connector, because TrueImage does not see the Promise-controller) causes all the problems. It seems, that TrueImage cannot handle this drive correctly.

When i try without the Plextor, TrueImage was working correctly - but until then, i've lost a 200 Gigabyte Seagate SATA with 3 partitions!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Forellenblau

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Forellenblau,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please create the sysinfo.txt file (please see Acronis post for the detailed instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!
    Thanks for the response. I will generate the report next Monday.

Greetings from Germany
    Forellenblau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.