Problems with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 (and 15) and NAS

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by alfadarkness, Oct 10, 2015.

1. alfadarkness

alfadarkness Registered Member

Hello to everyone, after more than 6 hour of useless web-surfing here I am writing hoping to find someone who will be able to solve my problem.
    Recently I bought a NAS Netgear (RN102 series) to save on the backups of all my PCs and laptops.
    before I have read that Paragon Hard Disk Manager could easily do it since the version 12.
    To make my backup I chose Paragon a long time ago and I never left it until today because it has always been able to do very well the backup and recovery of my operating system .
    But now fo the first time I'm disappointed because I need to use it to save my backups on my NAS and I can't find anywhere how to do. I read the user manual but I can't understand how to do.
    I tried to set the parameters in the network configuration section of the software but It seems there's nothing to do: after typing the NAS address in the box, it start searching for it on the network but without finding it.
    I tried to repeat the workaround both with paragon hard disk manager v14 and v15, loading the software by the bootable media but the result is the same: Hard Disk Manager can't find the NAS on the network.
    The strange thing is that during both the attempts I tried to ping the NAS address by the Hard Disk Manager feature and the software doesn't have any problem to do the ping and also to read the name of the NAS.
    But so, if the software could ping the NAS, why in network configuration section it can't find the NAS?
    People, please help me, help me, help me to solve the problem.
    thanks in advance

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

If you can see your NAS from Windows Explorer, you shouldn't have any problems. If it's mapped in Windows, it just a question of finding it. I have a WD MyCloud and have no problems. The restore from the Boot Media Builder is a little more involved as you must enter the folder and your password. I just backed up my W10 Pro HD again today to my NAS.

I don't do any network configuration in the Paragon software so I don't know what your referring to. One thing to remember is that Paragon doesn't support WiFi from it's Boot Media Builder.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  3. alfadarkness

alfadarkness Registered Member

hello wptski,
    I can see my nas without problems from Windows Explorer, also I created a shortcut on the desktop, also I can ping it without problems by the network configuration section of Paragon HDM, but I think that when I try to configure it in this section I wrong something, I don't know what's wrong, maybe it's simply some sintax error, I don't know....
    Could you tell me what's the right workaround to configure the NAS by the paragon HDM GUI, step by step, please?

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

First off, I don't see any network configuration in Paragon. I select Backup to VD and select back up to volumes. The destination location will have some default location, hit the icon on the right side to change the location. At that point you go to your network to select the location. In my case, it retained my prior NAS location. The NAS is just like any other destination outside of your internal HD(s). There should be nothing to configure just selecting the destination location like you'd change a default drive, file name, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.