Problems with O&O DiskImage Pro

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by djg05, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I am just trying out O&O DiskImage Pro on Windows 8/64. Created a data image without any problem, however when I try and mount the image as a drive it does not assign a drive letter although it says it has.

Using Paragon HDM I can see the image has been created in a partition but no drive letter, nor is it possible to assign one. I had a similar problem with Paragon but with that it BSOD'd.

Anyone come across this problem?

2. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

The image may be corrupt ? In that case the filesystem would not be recognized by windows and no mounting can occur I guess, but that's just an hypothesis.

If you have access to a second computer with O&O DI on it, can you try to mount it on the other computer (if the image lies on a portable HDD).

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Did you try to go to Disk Management and see if it is listed but unassigned? Sometimes when a removable drive has been assigned a drive letter and then it is removed it causes issues if another drive tries to use the same letter. If you see it listed just assign it an available letter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.