Problems with NOD32 SS and Visual Studio 2008

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by feronovak, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feronovak

feronovak Registered Member

Hello,

I have problem with using NOD32 SS together with Visual Studio 2008 Web Express. Everytime I debug or compile website there is error message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I have tried various solutions found on internet but the only one working was to remove NOD32 completely and work like that.

But as you are aware this is not good and long term solution.

Could you please advice what to do?

Thanks

Fero

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Check your log files in ESS and see if you see an entry for whatever it is you created in VS appears. It is possible the page you are creating in Visual Studio contains a script or code that is being marked as "bad".

I had this problem awhile back. NOD was flagging a .exe as bad upon creation in Visual Studio.

If this is the case, add it to your exclusions list and submit the password protected zipped file to samples[at]eset.com with the password being "infected" and add a link to this thread. Give the email subject a name like "False Positive"

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have IPv6 installed? Try placing a cross next to the appropriate application in the web browser list (Antivirus and antisp. -> Web access protection -> HTTP -> Web browsers) so that the http traffic is not redirected through ekrn.exe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.