Problems with NOD32 and exployer

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by danny9, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Ever since Nod 32 updated itself to version 2.12 I have been having problems with Windows explorer. I use XP home sp2. I get errors saying there is a problem and Windows must shut down. Anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help. :cool:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello danny9,

What does XP say in the control panel, administrative tools, event viewer, system about the error? Any info?

3. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

What it says is error. Source: service control manager. Category: none. Event: 7011 and the user is n/a. I hope this is what you asked for. Thanks.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Double click on the error message and a window will open up. What does it say?

5. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Under description it says: Timeout(30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the service.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you try uninstalling NOD to see if this still happens? Do you still have version 2.12.1?

7. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Yes I did. Uninstalled and reinstalled. the error occured once after reinstall but not in the last 3 hours. I stayed connected just to see if it would happen again and how often but so far so good. This so far is the longest it's gone without shutting down. Maybe something clicked on the reinstall. Hope so. But thank you for your help. It's appreciated.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Keep us informed.

9. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

I will. Thanks again.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you already applied all patches from Microsoft?

11. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

All patches are up to date and also installed sp2 but the problem started before I installed sp2 yesterday. Not sure but it seems to have started after NOD32 was updated. That was the only change made that I am aware of.

12. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

What other programs do you have installed?

Do you have System Safety Monitor installed?

Cheers :D

13. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

No system safety monitor. ZAPro 4.5, NOD32 2.12.2, BoClean 4.11, spyware guard, spyware blaster, spy sweeper 3.2, 123 Backup, Tune up utilities and Go Back 3 are the main programs installed.

14. Blackspear

Can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

Let us know how you go…

15. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you know what service fails? Maybe you could try adjusting the properties of the appropriate service so that the service itself and not the computer is restarted upon a failure. BTW, are you sure that after uninstalling NOD32 the problem goes away?

16. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

To all those who tried to help I thank you very much. But it appears the problem is gone.
    As you know, with the release of sp2 many programs were being updated. Adware, spysweeper and NOD32. Many of these updates were so they could be compatible with sp2.
    A week ago I got the update to Nod 32. Then when I went on line internet explorer would shut down saying windows has encountered a problem and must shut down. Thinking it was NOD32 I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.
    Then there was a problem with spysweeper. An update was available. When I tried to get it Spysweeper shut down. I uninstalled it and updated to the new version. No problem.
    On Sat. I installed sp2. No problems with that but explorer was still shutting down.
    Late Sun. evening another problem started occurring. True Vector in ZAPro started shutting down. Turn it back on and a few minutes later it would shut down again.
    Wondering what was going on I uninstalled ZAPro 4.5. On a whim I installed version 5.1.011. I was staying away from the newer versions because it affected my download speeds. Not much but it would go from 3050 to 2800.
    But sp2 did not recognize ZAPro 4.5. The new version it does. Since the time I installed the new version all the previous problems have disappeared.
    I think the new version of NOD32 bought up the compatibility issues of other programs running on my system. As mentioned prior most programs were being updated with new versions to work with sp2. Installing sp2 finally bought out the final problem ZAPro.
    I detailed this a little incase someone is having similar problems. NOD32 worked fine and always has. It was my stubborness in updating ZAPro that appears to have caused all the problems.
    Again, thanks to all of you for trying to help. Much appreciated.

17. pollux

pollux Registered Member

Glad to see you got things working, danny9. :)

pollux

18. Blackspear

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress.

This version of ZA is known to lock solid windows with SP2, it may not happen straight away, but it will happen, one of my machines was instant, the other took a week... ZA has a new version in Beta at the moment that addresses this and many other issues...

Hope this helps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.