Problems with LiveUpdate NAV 2003 - connected to WG3, TDS-3, PE

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cyborg, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I have a problem and would like some help. I installed WG3. TDS-3, or PE yesterday and now I have issues and will take any advice.

This morning when I turned my PC Norton Antivirus 2003 failed to run its Auto Update as per normal. I have clicked on LiveUpdate and the attachment is the error that has come up.

Out of the 3 lots of software I have installed which is likely to be the root cause of this problem; WG3. TDS-3, or PE?

I have "enabled" Execute Protection in TDS-3 as advised in another thread; there is also the option to "remove." I do not think that I "enabled protection" when using the trial version of TDS-3 and I have not had issues with Norton failing in LiveUpdate before.

As for WG3 , I have not had this programme before, I just took it as part of the 3 programme package. How does it work and could WG3 be responsible for my problem now?

I doubt that is could be Port Explorer.

Although I am being advised to reinstall Norton I did click on the link to their Tech Support page, this is what they advised:-

"Situation:
    When you click the LiveUpdate button in your Symantec product, you see one or more of the following messages:

"LiveUpdate failed to launch"
    "Unable to run LiveUpdate, LiveUpdate may have been uninstalled"
    "LiveUpdate tried to launch but was unsuccessfull, uninstall and reinstall ... (3003,103)"

Solution:
    This can happen if LiveUpdate is damaged. To fix this, delete the file Luinsdll.dll, and install the current version of LiveUpdate."

I did what they asked and deleted "Luinsdll.dll" and downloaded the executable version of that file and reinstalled it. I still cannot run LiveUpdate and get the same message coming up. I feel decidedly naked without Norton LiveUpdate and am concerned that uninstalling the programme and reinstalling is jusy going to add to a problem that is being caused one of the 3 installed software programmes from Wilders.

Can I have some feedback please or can I be pointed or directed to either Wilders Customer Service or another area within these forums.

I will sit here and fret and wait for a reply. :doubt:

Thanx for reading

Attached Files:

2. negative creep

negative creep Registered Member

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Cyborg.

It appears you are having some troubles, but you have also duplicated this post in a couple of other threads re Liveupdate.

If you could keep it in the one thread it would be much easier.

This is the one you started about LiveUpdate so if you could stay with that, it will be easier.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=46467

I will close this thread. :) It can still be accessed for the pic ;)

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.