PROBLEMS WITH KERIO 4.5.916

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by swifty7, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swifty7

swifty7 Registered Member

I hope somebody can help me.

Fist I want to say that I love Sunbelt's Kerio Personal Firewall. Here's my problem, I'm running Xp-pro SP2, installed Kerio and all was working fine and dandy but after 1 day it just stopped working for no apparent reason, I didn't mess with setting what so ever it just stopped letting me connect to the internet whether by wireless or LAN. I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling it, restarting to no avail. I made sure my WAN and LAN have full permission including Firefox. Now my internet connection only works if I disable Kerio, I just don't get it, why would Kerio work for only 1 day.

Has anybody else experienced a similar problem?

any input would be greatly appreciated.....thanks!!!

I really want to use Kerio and I will eventually buy the full version but I first need to resolve this problem.

2. veri

veri Registered Member

I have also noticed a couple of oddities with this Kerio build, including a random blocking of http access (which I found to be due to a "deny" policy being set for the browser when I know for a fact that I set no such rule - things were fine an hour before I started having a problem).

On a few occasions, the firewall has also ignored "remember this rule" or whatever the wording is when I try to specify a connection prompt as always permissible / always block.

3. swifty7

yes exactly! I wonder if there's a solution. Right now I have Kerio disabled otherwise I wouldn't be able to surf.

4. swifty7

I might of found a solution. Here's what I did, under security tab give full permission to your favorite browser and I'm talking about giving permission to (TRUSTED: IN AND OUT) and (INTERNET: IN AND OUT) I did it and so far works beautifully. I will keep you posted if the problem returns....lol! hopefully not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.