problems with every eset antivirus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by djzuza, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djzuza

djzuza Registered Member

i used nod32 antivirus before,and i want to return back to him.but there is one problem.every time when i install it,then when i lock some folder of file,my PC get freezed,or when i download something,at 99% download is freezed.i used him when version 3.0.621 was out,but i dont know if version 3.0.650 have fixed that.please help me.thanks

i tried reinstall windows,but there is problem and after installing it again

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

what program you use to lock folder?
    what browser you use to download files?
    what's your OS?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Could you explain further this part :rolleyes:
    What you lock and what you use to lock them ?

You can always use exclusions in the program to exclude something that might pose conflicts.

It has been explained plenty of times that this is caused by downloading big files , special packed (RTPs or SFXs) . The Advanced heuristics in internet monitor and the real-time protection after than need time to emulate such special files to determinate if they are hiding some malicios software .

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 is not finished product and it is being developed so that it becomes better and better . As far as I know engine optimisation and other optimisation/changes will be done in future so that the product gets better and better . Such slowdowns are barely noticable on new computers , especially with modern processors (dual core , quad core , etc.) .

There is temporary workaround , however .
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1207300&postcount=2
    or
    http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=560

Disable Advanced heuristics in the web-protection module should help . Or unchecking your browser as browser so that its traffic is not routed and not scanned by the web-access module . If the second is done , its stuff will be scanned by the real-time AV module and it is little to no risk if your browser is updated.

Regards!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008
  4. Danutak

Danutak Registered Member

I just wonder how you do this in nod32 antivirus?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you click the links , it will open you instructions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.