Problems with Eset & Thunderbird

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JohnLNicks, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnLNicks

JohnLNicks Registered Member

Hi All,

I have ESET Nod32 Antivirus Version 4.0.474.0 Business Edition, and I have been having some problems with Thunderbird Version 3.0.1

When I have the Real-time File system is enabled, Thunderbird runs VERY SLOW, and freezes up on me, yet if i disable the Real-time file system protection it runs fine.

What items do I need to adjust in either ESET Antivirus or Thunderbird to get Thunderbird to run smooth while the Real-time file system protection is turned on?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try maybe excluding TB install folder
    +
    I think Eset has fixed some issues with TB in their latest beta

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  3. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

I run TB/EAV combination on a lot of computers and haven't heard a complain about slow Thunderbird yet.
    I suspect its the new search/indexing feature where Thunderbird constantly keeps updating a file which NOD32 will scan every time.

This (global-messages-db.sqlite) file is used for the new indexing feature, it was already over 700MB on my system so I turned that feature off in Thunderbird. (Ya I have a big Inbox :))
    I turned it off for a another reason then NOD32 slowing TB down cause that file is located in the roaming profile which makes my profile a bit too big to login/logout with everytime.

Check out the statistic window in EAV to see what file is contantly being scanned and try to exlude it (I guess; global-messages-db.sqlite).

4. lmnau

lmnau Registered Member

Well I don't run thundebird, but I'm having exactly the same problems with emclient 2.5 (potentially great email client, much better than Live).

Basically it is timing out the SMTP connection and preventing from the mail from being sent.

Eset support has just fobbed me off, but I'll deal with that later.:mad:

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Support for Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 was added in the 4.2 beta release of ESET's software, and is available for download from ESET's beta test portal at http://beta.eset.com/.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

I guess that in this case Brambb is right.
    Tb3 gloda indexing database can take a lot of place on hdd. You could try to exclude folder %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles.

7. Destrozar

Destrozar Registered Member

4.2 works great with Thunderbird 3!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.