Problems with enabling GoBack after Image restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Scotland, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotland

Scotland Registered Member

I recently installed Acronis True Image (ver 8.0, build 774) on my windows XP system. I have used Norton GoBack and Stomp BackUp My PC for years-including when they were owned by other companies. Each has some problems with reliability in windows XP and decided to try a good imaging program. I created an image of my "C" partition containing my OS and about 6GB of programs onto RW DVDs. I then Formatted a new 200GB Maxtor hard drive using the software provided with the drive. I restored the image to the C partition of this hard drive and it booted flawlessly. My problem is that I cannot get GoBack to re-enable itself. GoBack asks it to enable itself, starts the process, then gives an error message: "A Disk Drive Overlay (DDO) was found on the boot disk. Norton GoBack does not support DDO on Windows 2000 or XP." If this is true and Acronus uses DDO when the image is inserted into the desired partition space, how would anyone be able to use GoBack? I have searched forum topics related to GoBack and did not see this problem arising.

2. WWS

WWS Registered Member

I used to disable GoBack before using ATI but sometimes it would take a long time before it started to work again after enabling. Anymore I just uninstall GoBack before imaging...seems to take the same amount of time. You lose the history either way.
    I also choose a "custom" reinstallation so that GoBack excludes my second HDD which is used for storage. And then it will start working immediately.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.