Problems with Chrome and hotmail persist?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Every time I try to access outlook.com (outlook, live, hotmail) Chrome browser shows a enable js message. I have js disabled by default but the sign in page for MS email is white listed...it even shows as allowed. But Chrome never allows sign in. I'm not sure if this is some sort of error in Chrome or if this is part of the MS outlook vs Google gmail battle. It's getting so annoying that I am about to dump chrome altogether or find some third party program to help with white listing js on pages. Any suggestions?

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i'm gonna test this at home tonight when i get back from work with Chrome...

there really is no substitute for NoScript when it comes to js control.

there is also Request Policy which is similar.

3. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i tried and it works fine here.

you have to allow as well h**ps://[*.]bay176.mail.live.com:443

the exact name might be different.

just look at the right of the address bar for the javascript icon and click on it to allow the .bay when login in to live.com

you might have to close and restart Chrome at some point during this process...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

my java script shows the page being allowed but I get the message on the page that js is disabled. This is just for the sign in page though. Once I'm signed in and have the "remember me" box checked I no longer get the message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.