Problems with chat site

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by woody14619, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody14619

woody14619 Registered Member

I love your product, but as of the last update there's a site that I can no longer get into. It's a chat client site, and when ActiveX protections are on I can not start the chat client. o_O Oddly, I use Mozilla for the site, but the site loads only when I turn off ActiveX protention in IE.

This is definitly an ActiveX issue, but the problem is, I can't tell what ActiveX component is the cause. Is there a way to get a list from Mozilla (or IE) of which ActiveX components are active? If so I could look for each ID in the list. I tried some obvious IDs searching for "Chat", but nothing worked.

I hate leaving my system open to these things! But I really want to get on that site. How can I determine which ocx is in play? Or... is there a list of which activeX components were added in the last 2 or 3 updates? I could try disabling them and see which is causing it? :doubt:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Would you mind posting a link to the site? (Or, you can always e-mail it to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com)

(Note that the ActiveX protections should only affect Internet Explorer - certainly not Mozilla as it doesn't support ActiveX.)

Thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.