Problems with chat site

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by woody14619, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody14619

woody14619 Registered Member

I love your product, but as of the last update there's a site that I can no longer get into. It's a chat client site, and when ActiveX protections are on I can not start the chat client. o_O Oddly, I use Mozilla for the site, but the site loads only when I turn off ActiveX protention in IE.

This is definitly an ActiveX issue, but the problem is, I can't tell what ActiveX component is the cause. Is there a way to get a list from Mozilla (or IE) of which ActiveX components are active? If so I could look for each ID in the list. I tried some obvious IDs searching for "Chat", but nothing worked.

I hate leaving my system open to these things! But I really want to get on that site. How can I determine which ocx is in play? Or... is there a list of which activeX components were added in the last 2 or 3 updates? I could try disabling them and see which is causing it? :doubt:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Would you mind posting a link to the site? (Or, you can always e-mail it to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com)

(Note that the ActiveX protections should only affect Internet Explorer - certainly not Mozilla as it doesn't support ActiveX.)

Thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.