Problems with backing up Vista Home Premium 32bit using TI V11 8053 build

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by walgarin, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walgarin

walgarin Registered Member

Problems with backing up Vista Home Premium 32bit using TI V11 latest build

I have 2 new laptops 1521's from DELL. I want to do a clean image before I turn them on and it goes through the install for the first time.

I selected the drives and click next and it hangs forever. I am using the rescue bootable media CD

I have 2 laptops

Inspiron 1521, AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58 (1.9GHz/1MB)
    Spring Green Color with Microsatin Finish
    2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm1320-5381
    High Resolution, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch display (1440x900)
    ATI RADEON Xpress1270 HyperMemory, Inspiron 1521 (Integrated)
    320 5400RPM SAMSUNG Hard Drive
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition,

the "quiet acpi..." command did not change anything.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Send a request to Tech support and see if they can't send you an iso file to burn onto CD that will work for your hardware.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello walgarin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please note that according to Acronis License Policy you need to purchase one copy of the product for every computer it will be used to manage.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. walgarin

walgarin Registered Member

I created the rescue bootable media CD off the XP pro PC.

Should I install T11 on a Vista PC and then created the rescue bootable media CD then try to image it?

thx

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

walgarin, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. You do not need to complete the installation of Vista operating systems on your Dell laptops to be able to create the complete images of their hard disk drives. In order to investigate the issue thoroughly and provide you with a solution or a possible workaround we will need Acronis Report and Linux System Information from one of the laptops, Windows System Information is not necessary. Please collect this info and submit an official request for technical support via web form as Marat Setdikov suggests.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.