Problems with august windows updates

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mowhan, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mowhan

mowhan Registered Member

Not sure if this is the right forum but is any one having trouble with winxp updates from today.

The one in question is kb917422 it downloads ok but when it installs i get a windows pop up error saying runtime buffer over run(c++) then all my security problems crash, then windows explorer crashes and restarts.

Iam a bit concerned because its a critical update,although it does state in add or remove programs panel its been installed on the other hand on windows update site i click on history and it says fail.

Ive tried for the last 2 hours trying to get an answer from windows web help but there seems to be no error code for it any help appreciated.

The programms that crash are winpatrol,sas,comodofirewall but nod32 and ewido seemed fine.

thanks

2. Walli

Walli Registered Member

I also have problems with this Update. I am on Win2000, I simply get the message that the update fails.
    When trying to install the update manually, I get a more detailed error message telling me, that kernel32.dll can´t be found.

best,
    Walli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.