Problems with 8.0 build 1018...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SA Dev, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SA Dev

SA Dev Registered Member

Hi,

I have a few customers who are running this build. All is fine for awhile until all of a sudden they get a corrupt file system on the drive where the image is being stored. I've seen this on multiple systems on multiple hardware. I am not sure what or how it is happening, but I need a solution. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Alan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please tell us what exact version of Acronis True Image you have? Please find this information in the Main menu Help->About.

Could you please clarify what exact problem you have? Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

This information would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. SA Dev

SA Dev Registered Member

Hi,

It is True Image Server 8.0 build 1018. The problem only shows itself every few weeks at a _different_ customer site. It might reoccur at the same customer site every couple months. These customers paid for True Image Server which is not a cheap product, and since 8.0 is not being worked on any longer and build 1018 is the latest version of it my concern is that the only way to fix this issue is going to be to upgrade them to a stable version. I would think this should be a free upgrade since ti8 srv b1018 is having issues. What are our options?

Thanks,

Alan

4. Acronis Support

Hello Alan,

Please note that most likely the reason is most probably in the hard drive itself. Acronis True Image products shouldn't do anything to the file structure of the destination hard drive, as it is simply copying the file there. In order to investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround. Please collect the information Tatyana requested and submit a request for technical support. Please also attache the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for the upgrade to Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows, please note that we provide free upgrade to those customers how have Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support License (please check here for details). Please note that if one purchased Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support License after a new version have been released the upgrade to the newer version will not be free. In this case one should purchase the upgrade. Please visit Acronis online store in order to purchase the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. SA Dev

SA Dev Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for responding. We sell through the reseller program from Acronis to out customers, I don't know if maintenance is an option via our channel.

The hard drives are just fine, using disk checkup shows no smart errors, no failures, no reallocated sectors. All is fine with the drive. A simple reformat and it runs perfecly again. We've seen it on multiple servers running different hardware. Usually when this happens, we find Acronis is locked up and has been in the middle of creating the same image for days. It is like it began the image process and did not finish it properly.

Thanks,

Alan

6. Acronis Support

Hello Alan,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that the only way to obtain a free upgrade for corporate versions of Acronis True Image is to purchase Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support License mentioned above by Aleksandr. If you want to provide your customers with such license then please contact the respective sales person for further details. I mean sales person who helped you to sign the official reseller agreement.

Please be aware that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows before and therefore need to clarify this one. If the problem is caused by Acronis software itself then we will certainly provide you with the free upgrade. Otherwise, there is no other chance to obtain the upgrade than to purchase it.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post for the computer where the images are being stored;

- Reproduce the problem and create Acronis Report once more;

- Rename the files collected to report_before.txt and report_after.txt;

- Clarify what you mean exactly by "corrupt file system";

- Describe the way you\your customers create images in detail.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. SA Dev

SA Dev Registered Member

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your response. My goal is to make sure the customers we have running this version have a stable product. If the version they have can be made stable, or is stable, then all the better.

I have seen the issue in 3 or 4 customers so far, but we resolved it by reformatting the destination drive (the drive the images are stored on) and I haven't had it happen in the last couple weeks or so. When it does happen at a specific site, I will provide the information you are asking for so we can troubleshoot it via technical support.

Thanks again,

Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.