Problems when Restoring Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leachus2001, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leachus2001

leachus2001 Registered Member

Hi,

I have just noticed that when I create an image and save it to the server, then the drive path is labelled as "C:" - but when I restore the image to a new HDD then the drive path is labelled as "C: -> -". This is causing a problem when I try to boot from the new HDD, because it is not booting.

Can anyone hsed any light on this problem? I have 30 machines to image, so need to get this fixed :)

2. leachus2001

leachus2001 Registered Member

Looks like I got it sorted - don't ask me what I did :) I think it was because Acronis didn't like writing over existing partitions - now that I have cleared the disk - everything is working fine.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello leachus2001,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Glad to hear you have solved the problem. However, it is strange that there is no letter assignment during the restoring. Actually, the letter shouldn't be changed at all. Could you please let us know whether you restored the image of a single partition out of several in the disk or the disk you had imaged consisted of one partition only? Also please let us know whether you restored to the same disk the partition was before or to another one?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. neuron2

neuron2 Registered Member

I just tried my first restore. I had a G: extended partition imaged. I booted the recovery CD (build 826) and restored G: to a blank hard drive. The final screen informed me that the destination drive letter was going to be "G: -> -". After the restore and reboot, it was detected as "G:". What is this error and what is its significance? Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.