Problems when opening S/GUARD and S/BLASTER progs?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by smiler, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiler

smiler Registered Member

Hi i have had spyware guard and blaster for ages now- but some months ago day i had a windows installer message box come up onthe desktop relating to a program that i had in start programs that i had NEVER USED!,i did download it long time ago but never found a use for it anyway it was called CDBurnerXP Pro3.
    Evey time i open up S/GUARD or S/BLASTER i get these infuriating message boxes appear! i also get it with REGISTRY MECHANIC too?-i have to click the X box 8 times to get rid of the boxes!.
    I uninstalled the CDBurnerXP Pro3,easier said than done!- but with a powerful uninstaller program i managed to get rid of it,no more registry entries left!,but i still get the message box appear when i try to open these 3 programs.
    I uninstalled all 3 programs including (REGISTRY MECHANIC) program completely from the registry so no remnants were left-then downloaded a fresh copy of S/GUARD and S/BLASTER from javacool site,and re-installed R/M again-still had the same problem when opening all 3 of the programs?.
    Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before?,i have tried to run the windows installer clean up utility but it will not run,i get the same error message boxes appear-the WICUU installation wizard starts then hangs up?.
    When i click on any of these 3 programs i get 3 windows appear as follows:-

1st one- Windows Installer Is Preparing to install
    2nd one-CDBurnerxp Pro3
    Please wait while windows configurews CDBurnerXP Pro3
    3rd one- CDBurnerXP Pro3
    Error 1606.Could not access network location%USERPROFILE%Favorites\

I am using XP SP2 with all updates/ZA FIREWALL/AVG 7.0,have no isssues or viruses or trojans,so i have had to remoce S/G S/B R/M until a solution is found,some help appreciated thanks.

smiler

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Smiler,

Since this is not a SG, SB or even a Registry Mechanic problem....I have moved your thread to a more appropriate Forum in hopes it will get better attention.

Before asking to many questions....is the below very similar thread you also @ the Net-Integration Forums. If so I'll not ask some of the questions I was going to ask.

This thread ---> Unable To Restore Back Saved Restore Point?

3. smiler

smiler Registered Member

Hey bubba-yes it was my posting in net forum-i received no help so i posted here.
    What forum did you move my posting to ?

smiler

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The Forum the thread is in now that I am posting to....software & services :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.