Problems w/ nod32 & proxomitron after downgrade

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kbirger, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbirger

kbirger Registered Member

I decided to downgrade back to NOD32 v2.70 for the time being and this is causing a problem that I never experienced with it in the first place.

Suddenly nod32 does not get along with proxomitron, a client software proxy for filtering webpages.

It has always worked just fine in 2.70, and works fine if I upgrade back to 3.0, but that's not what I want.

Problem:
    When I run either IE or Firefox, they will not load pages. If I tell either browser to not use a proxy, everything works again.

I've tried closing nod32 and disabling IMON, but nothing helps. I've tried messing with some of the exclusion settings, etc, but that doesn't seem to work either.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Check your proxomitron settings carefully. Bypass proxomitron in one of your browsers and see if pages load. If the pages load, the problem is in your proxo settings.

3. kbirger

Thank you for your response. I've already tried that though. It doesn't help; I think the reason is that when you bypass proxomitron it still functions as a proxy , but no longer filters. It shouldn't be anything in Proxomitron because I've had the same settings for it the whole time, and it used to work just fine with nod32 2.70

If I were to take my best guess at what's happening, I would say that there is some sort of infinite loop occuring.

Two interesting things I've noticed are that if I open Proxomitron's http log, I can see the HTTP requests going through it, but nothing ever comes back, and the IMON in nod32 has a status that says what the last file scanned was - this doesn't ever update if both programs are running. (Used to work just fine though).

4. noway

noway Registered Member

Tried unchecking enable IMON box, then rebooting?

How about uninstall v3, do a good cleanup incl folders, registry and clean install of v2.7? Then restore the reg file backup from v2.7 that hopefully you made when it was working. ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset])

5. kbirger

I wasn't aware that you have to reboot to disable IMON... When I rebooted it would always reactivate anyway.

I've tried clean installs and rebooting after uninstall and after install, etc, but that didn't help. And I've tried cleaning the registry keys under hklm\software\eset and hkcu\software\eset

6. noway

noway Registered Member

Sounds like it has a mind of its own! I'm running 2.7 + Prox with no issues. I run with IMON disabled and it stays disabled after rebooting, like it should.
    BTW, I installed as an administrator and always run the computer using the same (administrator rights) account. You too? I don't use any HIPS or registry protector software either (or firewalls that include such protection), so whatever I change stays changed.
    It's possible that IE6 loads web pages a little slower when NOD32 isn't running but it's not a huge difference, if any.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.