problems uninstalling firstdefense 1.73

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by theshadow247, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

i installed isr.1.05.and updated with the leapfrog 1.73.version.now i can't disable the preboot screen.and when i try to uninstall its with errors.after cleaning the registry and the whole system.the isr boot screen still showes.and when i press f1 the message in red reads can't find the $isr file...

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'm not sure what's going on here. Did you make the MBR backup disc? If so, restart the computer with the disc in the slot and see if it makes a difference.
    Any other suggestions are welcome. :D

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Sounds strange indeed? Is ver 1.73 from Raxco or LeapFrog? If it's Raxco: go to <Help> <About FirstDefense-ISR><Support Info> click bottom check-box and create 3Days worth of logs. Click OK, when finished look for SupportInfo.txt, I believe it will be on your desktop. Attach this file to your support e-mail.
    support at Raxco.com

hth,

...screamer

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Were both versions from Leapfrog, or did you mix and match. Mixing and matching might not be the best way to go.

5. theshadow247

no i didn't make a mbr disk.and yes i did mix and match.the 1.05.166.is from raxco and the 1.73.is from leap frog....

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Have you tried reinstalling the Raxco version?

7. theshadow247

do you mean raxco 1.10.173.if so no i just started to us fd again...

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would try installing the original version you had on your computer before updating with the Leapfrog 1.10.173 version and see if that works.

9. theshadow247

hi.ronjor.i already tryed that.when i uninstall the 1.73 version thats on my system now i get errors.and when i install the raxco version 166 its with errors...

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you have a license for the Raxco version, you could get in touch with them here. You could also run CHKDSK /R as explained in this thread. Also, you could try this link.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  11. theshadow247

hi.ronjor.yes iam a license for the Raxco version.i just downloaded the update.i havn't installed it yet iam uninstalling and cleaning every thing first and then reinstalling.ill let you know..

well i uninstalled 1.73 leapfrog version.cleaned and reinstalled raxco version 1.05.166 with the raxco 1.73 update and it installed without errors.i havn't tryed uninstalling it yet though.at least there are no errors.ya..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.