problems trying to recover image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by barnsta, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnsta

barnsta Registered Member

Hi there

I recently re-formatted my hardrives and re-installed xp, my set up is as follows:

2 x 200gb sata hdds in raid 0 on sata-partitioned by partition magic 8.0 so c=operating system programmes etc and d = data

1 x 80gb hard drive on ide - use this for back up etc. This is labeled-E.

so i installed op system and then used partition magic to partition c drive and then loaded all programmes on to c. once finished i did a back up image using acronis true image 9.0. This i took from the c drive and kept on the d drive and another copy on the e drive.

A little later i wanted to check that it had worked and now i am getting error messages when i try to recover "the selected partition contains the following error: MFT bitmap corrupted. Please note you cannot change the file system and size of this partition. It is reccomended that you check thesepartitions after restoration with yoru operating system disk tools"

so i did some disk error checking on all disks and all seems fine. I think it has something to do with my partitions maybe. Or it could be something to do with my ide drive as this is labeled disk 1 in partition magic and my sata drives are labled disk 2.

any help greatly appreciated

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello barnsta,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

The Master File Table (MFT) essentially contains metadata about every file and directory on an NTFS file system. It includes parameters such as location, size, and permissions. It is used to aid in minimizing disk fragmentation.

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

You shouls use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If your partition is corrupted and CHKDSK fails to check and fix it, then you may try reformatting your storage device, however, the data should be copied first from this device to any other available media manually.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. barnsta

ok thanks, i will try that, so do i format the hardrive, use an acronis bootable disc and then add the image that way?

thanks

4. barnsta

ok so i re-formatted my hdds, loaded xp, did an image with acronis, restored it, all worked fine then bang, i get a "a disk read erroroccured" when i re-boot after acronis has given me the green light on restoring!!

maybe something to do with raid?

thx please helpxx

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello barnsta,

Most likely your hard drive contains some bad blocks.

Could you please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

In case your operating system is not bootable then pleasepcreate Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.