Problems reinstalling

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by vaux_2, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaux_2

vaux_2 Registered Member

Hey, hoping someone can help me here.

Reinstalled windows the other day trying to get my creative soundcard to work properly since it doesn't like nforce4 drivers :(

Got eset reinstalled and all working ok but somewhere along the line i realised that i hadn't corrected my drive letters and stupidly went and changed them without realising i'd already installed ESET....doh! Hasn't worked since then unsurprisingly!

Tried reinstalling over the top of it to see if that would sort it but just came up with errors. Tried to uninstall existing installation but no joy there either. I've now deleted the files and removed all traces of it from the registry (as far as i'm aware) but its still giving me errors trying to reinstall. This is one of them, they're all very similar and give me the option to cancel, retry or ignore.

"Could not write value Name to key \Software\ESET\ESETSecurity\CurrentVersion\Scheduler\1. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I'm hoping some kind person can give me a fix for this as i really don't want to have to install windows again!

Thanks in advance :)

2. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.