problems reinstalling TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ronny, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

As the maker suggested I wanted to reinstall TDS3 in another folder instead of Program Files. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it in this other folder.
    But when I install, the installation process is almost completely finished but then it seems stuck, while I get the message: "Installing, please wait while Setup installs DiamondCS TDS-3 on your computer".

First, i just shut down my system and rebooted. TDS3 was installed, but my system crashed at reboot with the following message: "the system is recovered from a serious error. This may be cause by a "apparaatstuurprogramma" (i think in english this is a driver program)".

So I uninstalled and retried several times, but the same thing happened.

Finally i looked in taskmanager and noticed dcsres.exe was taking up 50% CPU while it got stuck at installing, so I ended the process in taskmanager. The setup program continued then, but at reboot my computer crashed again :( .

Can anyone help me with this please?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi ronny, Exactly where were you trying to install it?

The default fore 3.2.1 is *\program files\TDS3 - Version 3.2.0 was *\TDS3.

The advice to use a non-default folder is a bit out of date now as most malware checks paths making the need to use a non standard folder redundant.

HTH Pilli

3. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thanks pilli, i wish the makers told me that before :( . When i reinstalled TDS-3 , it was the installation screen of TDS that told me NOT to install it in the default folder! Before i had it installed there.
    I created another folder with a different name on my C-drive for TDS-3.
    What do you think? Shall i uninstall it again and reinstall it in the default folder? :doubt:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, sorry about that, TDS4 is getting all the development time ATM so these old bits of info have not got updated - Some ppl would still use another folder anyway :)
    Try installing to the default folder again, make sure you reboot after un-installing anf again after re-installing.

Best of luck - Pilli

5. ronny

ronny Registered Member

For the moment no crashes so i am gonna leave everything like it is. Perhaps i have no more crashes because i reinstalled my ATI 9800 .
    I know ; "What has that to do with it ",you wonder.Well, one time i also got a message after a crash that this time the problem was caused by ATI driver.
    I found it real strange because i changed NOTHING except like i said TDS-3, but decided to reinstall ATI.And yes the pc was working fine before this (un)install TDS -thing :p
    The next time my pc crashes i am gonna follow your advice , and try to reinstall TDS-3 in the default folder.
    Again thanking for helping me . Much appreciated ;)

By the way: wat is that "dcsres.exe"-thing?

6. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Ok, probably problem solved! :) Thanks to the excellent support of Diamondcs-team.

I forgot that my Hosts-file was protected & locked by my firewall. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.