problems reinstalling TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by ronny, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

As the maker suggested I wanted to reinstall TDS3 in another folder instead of Program Files. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it in this other folder.
    But when I install, the installation process is almost completely finished but then it seems stuck, while I get the message: "Installing, please wait while Setup installs DiamondCS TDS-3 on your computer".

First, i just shut down my system and rebooted. TDS3 was installed, but my system crashed at reboot with the following message: "the system is recovered from a serious error. This may be cause by a "apparaatstuurprogramma" (i think in english this is a driver program)".

So I uninstalled and retried several times, but the same thing happened.

Finally i looked in taskmanager and noticed dcsres.exe was taking up 50% CPU while it got stuck at installing, so I ended the process in taskmanager. The setup program continued then, but at reboot my computer crashed again :( .

Can anyone help me with this please?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi ronny, Exactly where were you trying to install it?

The default fore 3.2.1 is *\program files\TDS3 - Version 3.2.0 was *\TDS3.

The advice to use a non-default folder is a bit out of date now as most malware checks paths making the need to use a non standard folder redundant.

HTH Pilli

3. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thanks pilli, i wish the makers told me that before :( . When i reinstalled TDS-3 , it was the installation screen of TDS that told me NOT to install it in the default folder! Before i had it installed there.
    I created another folder with a different name on my C-drive for TDS-3.
    What do you think? Shall i uninstall it again and reinstall it in the default folder? :doubt:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, sorry about that, TDS4 is getting all the development time ATM so these old bits of info have not got updated - Some ppl would still use another folder anyway :)
    Try installing to the default folder again, make sure you reboot after un-installing anf again after re-installing.

Best of luck - Pilli

5. ronny

ronny Registered Member

For the moment no crashes so i am gonna leave everything like it is. Perhaps i have no more crashes because i reinstalled my ATI 9800 .
    I know ; "What has that to do with it ",you wonder.Well, one time i also got a message after a crash that this time the problem was caused by ATI driver.
    I found it real strange because i changed NOTHING except like i said TDS-3, but decided to reinstall ATI.And yes the pc was working fine before this (un)install TDS -thing :p
    The next time my pc crashes i am gonna follow your advice , and try to reinstall TDS-3 in the default folder.
    Again thanking for helping me . Much appreciated ;)

By the way: wat is that "dcsres.exe"-thing?

6. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Ok, probably problem solved! :) Thanks to the excellent support of Diamondcs-team.

I forgot that my Hosts-file was protected & locked by my firewall. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.