Problems&questions with SecureZone TI8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mariner2, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mariner2

Mariner2 Registered Member

I have been using TI8 for a week or 2 and encountered another problem. I had created a secure zone in a partition on my 2nd hdd and put a complete image on it. Later I put another incremental image on it. To day I wanted to make another incremental image but I got a message that the space in the secure zone was not enough. As there was probably not enough space in the partition on which the secure zone was placed I wanted to increase the partition space using Partition Magic 8. But PM8 recognised the hdd as a bad disk and I could not increase the space. Therefore I removed the secure zone using “Manage Secure Zone” and after that PM8 recognised the disk ok. I resized the partition (increased space) and tried to create another secure zone with Manage Secure Zone of TI. But now I see a message that a secure zone could not be made on the 2nd hdd. Looking further I noticed that TI8 recognised my 2nd hdd as a scsi disk. Restarting the program or rebooting the pc did not help. I tried it several times but always the same message.
    Later I found out that by using Create Image-create in secure zone- there is no secure zone,would you like to make one?- yes. Following these steps I could make a secure zone on the partition/hdd I wished.
    I like to know why?

2nd: I like to know how much space is necessary for the Secure Zone in order to make a complete image of a 7,5 Gb partition, including weekly incremental images? Hereby using high compression. The increase of files on my pc not beiing more than 100 mb a week average.

3rd: Is it possibly to erase/cleanup the Secure zone ?

Hope to hear some answers.
    mariner2 :doubt:

2. Mariner2

After a couple of days I am a bit disappointed that I have had no replies/answers at all.
    Anyhow I would like some answers on my 2nd and 3rd question, please! Come on, there must be somebody who knows it.
    mariner2
    :(

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

1. The Zone itself can be created on the 2nd HDD, but Acronis Startup Recovery Manager should be on the drive that is bootable - as you NEED to boot from it in order to restore the image.

2. It depends on the type of data that you have - I suggest making a normal image and see how much space does it take.

3. You can only delete Acronis Secure Zone. If there is not enough free space for the image - the oldest image will be deleted automatically.

Thank you.

4. Mariner2

Tank you Acronis Support.
    But when I make several incremental images the oldest (incremental)image won't be deleted if the SZ runs out of space. At least that is what happened to me. I got a message that says that there was not enough space in the SZ, and would I like to make more space using the Manage SZ, or some words of that nature.
    So what is better:
    to make everytime a knew complete image in the SZ ( where the oldest one will be deleted automaticly if not enough space) or:
    to make one complete image with incremental updates, but when there is not enough space in the SZ you have to create more space (if possible). Because incremental updates will not be deleted as I understand.
    mariner2
    :)

5. Acronis Support

Hello --

Well, there is a reason for not deleting the oldest incremental if Secure Zone runs out of space. Because you won't be able to restore your files if you are missing the oldest (i.e. the first) incremental.

So in case of Secure Zone I'd suggest to do complete images.

Thank you.

6. Drazi-1

Drazi-1 Registered Member

Hi. I am using True Image 8, i have created a secure zone to save my image. The hard drive i am using is partioned into 3 , and is using NTFS. Before i created the secure zone, the image creation worked. but when i try to create a image in the secure zone, nothing happens, i have left it to run all last nite to no avail

Can anyone help ?

7. Acronis Support

Hello --

Please, can you send me the log file that can be created using the in-built feature of the program (In the same row of icons as Verify etc.)?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.