Problems on rebooting

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by richardw2, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardw2

richardw2 Registered Member

I have been using ProcessGuard for a few days now. I installed using the recommended procedure, i.e. Learning Mode for a couple of days during which time I ran all my applications and went through 3 reboots before PG automatically switched from Learning Mode to Secure Mode. Everything was fine for a couple of days.

However yesterday I rebooted and got error messages from several different apps on my PC (these apps have been there all along) to the effect that either services could not be started or various types of hooks could not be created.

Switching back to Learning Mode did NOT fix the problem (error messages still appeared). So now I am in the position of having to completely disable protection in ProcessGuard before I reboot to avoid getting these errors.

I assume this should not be necessary - any ideas?

P.S. I also run TDS.

Regards,

Richard

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Did you actually run the apps that need the services or hooks, while you are were in learning mode. Even if not when the error popped up if you open the Process Guard GUI and allow the hook or service, then the next run should cure it.

Pete

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hooks are usually events that happen during certain operations within an application, as Peter says simply running a program and closing it again may not trigger the global hook. Global hooks can usually be given for trusted programs that require them.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.