Problems of first time user

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sallypt, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sallypt

sallypt Registered Member

I'm trying out True Image 9.0 and have a few questions.

I have a mirrored raid setup on an added controller card and a standalone disk on the in-built controller that I use for storage. I created a full image of the raid drives. Now I am wanting to restore to the stand-alone drive to make sure this all works.

I decided to try to restore one file first. So I wnet through all of the steps and TE started restoring the complete image. I figured I made a mistake so I tried it twice more - same thing. On the last one, I thgought I would just let it go to see what would happen. About halfway through, it got a fatal error on one of the files. I was able to continue past it but that wouldn't make for a very good backup. When I created the image, I did run with Verify on. Are errors like this common with TE?

After the above restore completed, I see it did indeed copy the whole image. Does the partial backup option not work?

Many of the files that were copied were system files so XP won't let me delete them, even though they are just copies. In this case, it doesn't really matter since I can format this drive and start over. But if I was trying to recover from an actual disk failure, I would be out of luck.

Is there something I might have done incorrectly to have these problems?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sallypt,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have tried to perform the restoration within Windows or while booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue media?

Please also let us know the build number of the software. You can find it in the Help->About dialog.

If you have tried to restore within Windows then please create screen shots of your step-by-step actions and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected screen shots to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.