Problems installing Nod32 Av 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Hector, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hector

Hector Registered Member

I can’t install Nod 32 AV version 40417, while installer is running, exactly when it is copying files, I receive message like that: there is problems with core.cab, lang.cab or another .cab files, it informs something like: the installation files are corrupt, or there are problem reading from Cd or exist network problems. I have tested CD Reader, installation CD and they are Ok, I have not network.
    I have installed new copy (formatting hard disk (only one)) from WXp OS Sp3 and try at first installing again Nod32 and getting the same error.
    What is the problem? May be a virus, despite formatting and installing a new copy from OS.?
    Please help Me.!
    Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try the latest version of it not only because it is newer but also because it the install file most probably will not be corrupt

3. Hector

Hector Registered Member

I tested installer file (40417) at another Xp Pcs and this one fine install. I think that installer is Ok.

Thanks any way

4. SolidState

SolidState Registered Member

Have you not ever experienced an optical drive that has trouble with certain disks and this trouble results in corruption? Don't use the CD!! DOWNLOAD IT!!! and if you really want to use that old build go for it! I'd seriously consider using the latest build myself...

hint... your optical drive is telling you it's time to replace it... avoid other headaches later and replace it!

And no it isn't a virus IF you nuked your HD IE axed "bootstrap" or boot sectors and all the partitions.

It's very simple you have an old screwy optical drive.

And serious give up on your disk! One of the greatest things about eset is when you buy a seat all you have to know is a username and password to download, install and update it. It's almost the best feature as you never have to worry about installing the 2010 version 2011 version blahh blahh and then having to work with hidden updating authentication mechanisms etc BS. If it's an actual retail CD that's precious to the luddite why not frame it on the wall or something ROTFL

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.