Problems installing Acronis 2009 w/ Vista 32/64 bit

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by skypx, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skypx

skypx Registered Member

I've tried installing the latest version of Acronis (9646) on a clean install of Vista 32/64 bit. It seems to install fine but the installation just stops with no error message. I have to open task manager, and end the installation. The weird part is after stopping the installation and restarting the computer, it works fine. The only way to successfully install Acronis 2009 is to install it after I install Norton Internet Security 2009. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you.

2. skypx

skypx Registered Member

Seems strange that I'm the only one having issues with installation on both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista. Oh well, moving on.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello skypx,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Acronis software may not work correctly or malfunction in case Norton software is installed. There are incompatibility issues between two programs.

If you have any issues or questions concerning Acronis software contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. skypx

skypx Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Dmitry, but you missed the point I'm trying to make. Acronis 2009 (build 9646 and 9709) will not properly install on clean versions of Vista 32/64. My definition of a clean OS is one with no antivirus/firewall software installed. I have tried installing it numerous times, but the installation just stops without any error message whatsoever. When this happens I let the installation sit for about 5 minutes, then I go to the task manager and end the installation.

After rebooting the computer everything seems to be working fine, I have even recovered some back-ups without any issues.

I would submit a support ticket, but the last one I submitted on 29 Dec 08 (case number 00046869), I'm still waiting for a reply. I was sent an ISO via PM for this forum but that's it. So far Acronis's tech support is non-existent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.