Problems in 4.0 beta in Win7 & Vista

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by SoLoR, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoLoR

SoLoR Registered Member

OK im having some problems with 4.0 beta (beta4 or RC doesnt matter).

First im using Vista64 SP2 RC-escrow build (yes, beta ;)), i cant install 4.0 at all it always fails at instaling services (right after "compiling data files"). 3.0.684 installs and works fine.

Next, it seems that problem that every antivirus had with Win7 64 build 7000 and blue screens mostly in tdx.sys came in to 32bit version as well. While latest RC seems to work fine now in Win7 64 build 7000 (its not main OS atm, but in ~1h of usage no blue screens, while before in beta4 or 3.0 version they where instant when i was trying to access network share). But now it seems like 32bit build 7022 of Win7 got this problem as well, as soon as i install any antivirus there (including latest RC of nod32 4.0), bum blue screen with tdx.sys.

I know both vista SP2 rc-escrow and win7 build 7022 are not (oh well shouldnt be) publicly avilable and i dont expect fixes until they are, just heads up for future :)

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've installed the v4 RC on 3 machines with the Vista SP2 RC (2 64 bit and 1 32 bit) and they were all fine. You may want to make sure you have removed all traces of v3 first (any leftover files in ProgramData and any registry keys, etc.)

3. SoLoR

SoLoR Registered Member

i did, removed everything from programdata,appdata, temp, registry....

anyway here i turned on loging last coupld of lines where it crashes:

(can provide full log if wanted)

Computer was FRESH restarted for this, so this error is wrong.

Also ill say bit more about my vista instalation, im runing ONLY administrator account with uac disabled, also disabled defender, firewall, security center service (+few "less" important for antivirus) also i have allowed testsigned drivers (tryed to turn it off as its default, didnt help), i guess fresh instalation would help, but generaly there isnt anything wrong with my vista instalation and this is only program that i noticed that i cant install and since 3.0 installs just fine...

4. SoLoR

SoLoR Registered Member

Problem solved in vista, nod32 4.0 is depended on "Base Filtering Engine" service, while 3.0 was not (and yes i had it disabled), however those blue screens in win7 build 7022 wont go away so easy :)

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I was going to suggest you re-enable some of the services you disabled. Service tweaking is overrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.