Problems imaging discussed here

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bently, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bently

bently Registered Member

I have installed TI 8 build 791. I have yet been able to make an image of my C drive, which is only 12 GB large. The problem can best be emphasized by the error message I get. If imaging in safe mode, I get "E00640068: Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722 "The RPC Server is unavailable."

I checked the systems in Admin. Tools, and from what I have read, the Acronis Schduler is enabled and started. As to the RPC server, is also is enabled.

If I image in Windows, I get the error the the hard disk is either damaged or is being used by another application. I did a scan check of disk, and it is fine, no errors or bad sectors. I guess it must be something that is using the C drive that I am not aware of. I have disabled all running programs, ie. Nod32 antivirus, ZoneAlarm Firewall and pop up blocker. Still, no good. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can image this without using the CD startup, as I will most likely get the same error as in safe mode. Something is using the C drive. Could it be some known process that I am unaware of. No, I don't have Go back or Roxio CD creator installed. Any ideas? I am using XP, so I can disable some of the processes, but I have no idea which one it could be and have tried (guessed) various ones with no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.