Problems Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by cwil62, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwil62

cwil62 Registered Member

Day 1 – Tech Support had me uninstall Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite and then got to explorer and delete the Hard Disk Mgr . folder from the C Drive and then reinstall. All of the same issues I had before still existed – Under Tools, view log files I get a parsing error. I can mount a drive but when I un-mount it my screen goes blank and then turns blue and says correcting files and then reboots and give choice to send files to Microsoft regarding .dmp files. Also, it I tried to do Integrity check of partition or disk but comes up with message saying unable to read file.
    Originally I had three backups earlier in the month and I can mount and un-mount them with the above error. However the last several I have ran I get the error message can’t open/read file. Before the tech had me uninstall it worked, and now it gives me this message on new backups. The tech did in fact alter the script to give names like 2012-1222 vs. long file names.
    One error message that I did have was 0.11020 and was told that means maybe bad area on my hard drive so I found that conversation on the User Forum and it was recommended that you run chkdsk/r as an Administrator which I did.
    Prior to running my last backups my archive files were 103.1 as one file. In running three new backups one was 102.3 gb, on was 72gb and another was listed as 3 partitions even under show all. Tonight I highlighted the script file set to run Jan 1, 2013 and after about an hour I looked and it said 1 hour and 37 min to go and a few min later looked and the message on the screen which was highlighted as Scripts Interpreter said VSS Can’t read Volume Data. I did run a backup overnight and had set it to run on a schedule and it seemed to be ok as it was the 102.3 one above which I can’t do an integrity check on. On the last one I ran after that one by highlighting the script and selecting run now I got the above message Scripts Interpreter stated above saying VSS can’t read volume data even though it went for over an hour before the message appeared. I checked the program archives and also the directory on my external hard drive where it was to be written and nothing showed up either place.
    I am very confused as I have spoken to three techs in 4 days and was instructed to run a task and then call them back but never able to get back to the same one after calling 15-20 times before connecting to a tech. I am not complaining as once you get through they do take control and try to resolve, but all 3 techs have different ideas of what the problem is. Before all this started things were going ok other than the view file parsing error and the un-mounting one.
    I know the above is very wordy but not sure it Paragon Support is open Monday or night and am trying to go from my reconciliation of events so when I do speak to them next week I can send this to them before talking or hopefully they will see this post. Also, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Some of the files I back up are very valuable and I have to be sure things are correct.
    :)

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

chkdsk /r does not always catch all drive problems. It is best at in checking the disk file structure. Find out the make and model of your HD and go to the manufacturer's site and download their diagnostic routine and run it.

3. cwil62

cwil62 Registered Member

Thanks, after your message I ran Sea Tools for Windows and selected the long fix option which took several hours and came back saying the drive had passed. I am thinking about doing a complete reinstall but don't want to lose my script file that was setup for me by the Techs to name my files like I want.

4. cwil62

cwil62 Registered Member

Since this post I have uninstalled and reinstalled. See the post entitled

HDM 12 Suite - Unable to open settings or setup scheduled backup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.