Problems Backing up TrueCrypt Image File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wriggler, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wriggler

wriggler Registered Member

Problems Backing TrueCrypt Image File

Hello
    I have following Problem:
    I use a TrueCrypt Volume for my private Files. When I change the TrueCrypt Volume (which is physically a large File on my Harddisk) TI didn't make a incremental or a differental Backup in my Acronis Secure Zone, the Truecrypt Volume File is NOT Backed up, because I changed it.
    I copy a new File into it. Make a Backup and than I restore the truecrypte Volume File and my marker File isn't in There.
    Truecrypt didn't change the date and time of the Backup File.

Has some one a solution for me to solve this Problem. I make at the moment only full Backups but this is not what I want. :(

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't have a solution but my guess is that the Truecrypt container file has grabbed a lot of space which has marked the sectors in-use in the map. When you put another file into the container the sectors are still "in-use" and to TI this means nothing has changed.

3. wriggler

wriggler Registered Member

I found a workaround for my Problem.
    In TrueCrypt I deactivated the option: preserve Timestamps of file containers and Keyfiles.
    So the True Crypt file container change the file date & time, when I changed the content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.