Problems Backing up TrueCrypt Image File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wriggler, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wriggler

wriggler Registered Member

Problems Backing TrueCrypt Image File

Hello
    I have following Problem:
    I use a TrueCrypt Volume for my private Files. When I change the TrueCrypt Volume (which is physically a large File on my Harddisk) TI didn't make a incremental or a differental Backup in my Acronis Secure Zone, the Truecrypt Volume File is NOT Backed up, because I changed it.
    I copy a new File into it. Make a Backup and than I restore the truecrypte Volume File and my marker File isn't in There.
    Truecrypt didn't change the date and time of the Backup File.

Has some one a solution for me to solve this Problem. I make at the moment only full Backups but this is not what I want. :(

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't have a solution but my guess is that the Truecrypt container file has grabbed a lot of space which has marked the sectors in-use in the map. When you put another file into the container the sectors are still "in-use" and to TI this means nothing has changed.

3. wriggler

wriggler Registered Member

I found a workaround for my Problem.
    In TrueCrypt I deactivated the option: preserve Timestamps of file containers and Keyfiles.
    So the True Crypt file container change the file date & time, when I changed the content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.