(Problem)WS Essentials or Complete with OLINE GAMES

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by JCRUYFF, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCRUYFF

JCRUYFF Registered Member

Hi

i have problem WS Essentials or Complete(i don` t know which version i have) i cannot Wolfteam Softnyx Online Game , with WS on the game DC`ed me and when i tested Shutdown Webroot is work the game :( plz fix this problem ASAP.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you write into our support inbox by clicking "Send Feedback" within the WSA interface?

I suspect something may be being blocked and the research team there should be able to sort it out for you.

Let me know if you need anything else in the meantime!

3. JCRUYFF

Well I tried Disable each shields per Shields and is look like Real Time is faulty one. i want to play wolfteam but i want to stay protected too :(

please Fix this ASAP.

4. PrevxHelp

I do suspect that WSA is blocking something - writing into our support team will allow them to correct the issue, which is likely research based.

Please let me know if you have any problems receiving a response!

5. JCRUYFF

3 days and no reply from support team :( i have to disable Realtime Shield to play wolfteam -.-, tell me is secure do that? will the other shields able to capture the malware/virus when they try to enter in my computer?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  6. PrevxHelp

Could you PM me your email address? I don't think we've let any messages go for longer than a couple hours, let alone three days. I'll track it down which should prevent you from having to disable any shields.

Sorry for the delay!

7. JCRUYFF

Thanks for the Fast Reply , Sended plz check your PM

8. JCRUYFF

sorry for the double post but i have problem with the MU ONline with WSA -.-...
    when i try to launch the client with WSA on Crash , with WSA Shutted Down no Problem -.-!!!!

does WSA have problem with all GAME ONlines?

Please Help!!!

Edit: its the same faulty one shield Realtime...

Edit 2: Wolfteam Issue is Fixed , Thanks!!! , i don`t know if this problem affect all mu online servers but i am playing this: http://www.battlemu.biz/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  9. PrevxHelp

Thank you for the help :thumb: It looks like Hotmail is blocking our responses at the moment which is why you didn't hear back from support.

Could you let me know if you're seeing any other issues? I'm hoping they're all fixed now.

Thanks!

10. JCRUYFF

Still have Problem With WSA And MU Online server that i play.
    the client crash with WSA On , the game work with WSA shutted down.

PD: i don`t know if this affect all the mu online server but i play this: http://www.battlemu.biz/

Edit: Mu Online Issue Fixed Thanks!!!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  11. JCRUYFF

Hi i don`t what happened to WSA but the Wolfteam Issue is back :(
    With WSA ON Dc and with WSA off Work Well -.-

help!!!!!!

thanks

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  12. JCRUYFF

/bump plz help PrevxHelp

13. PrevxHelp

Could you try disabling the Web Threat Shield and closing/re-opening your browsers to see if that corrects the issue?

14. JCRUYFF

o o this is issue is about Wolfteam online game , no browser >.<

15. PrevxHelp

It's possible that even though it isn't in a web browser, it could be affected by the Web Threat Shield (as it protected online applications, not specifically only browsers). Could you still try the suggestion to see if that improves it?

16. JCRUYFF

Hi

Thanks the issue is Fixed!

Edit: offtopic question: why the lock icon don`t appear in the moment i open the browser? is by design? or the lock icon should appear in the moment i open the browser?
    because the lock icon appear when i open some websites or write in the Url Bar. I use Google Chrome 15 Lastest Update.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  17. PrevxHelp

The lock will show when a protected website (HTTPS) is opened, although if you have the Web Threat Shield disabled, the lock icon won't show (even though the protection is actually still active).

18. JCRUYFF

Hi
    today Wolfteam got a New Update and again is having problem with WSA -.-
    i think the bes way is add exclusion to WSA.

almost every week wolfteam update and almost every week i have to write to support to fix the issue.. i think u guys should consider add the exclusion option to WSA

19. PrevxHelp

We're working on a more generic solution for this which should be included in the next round of updates :)

20. JCRUYFF

Hi

Today Wolfteam got a update and again is having problem with WSA help please
    this is just frustrating. i am playing wolfteam without Real Time Shield ON T_T.

21. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Wolfteam is updating faster than WSA! Wow. :)

Things are still on 8.0.0.66 here, and they also were back on the 3rd, so I guess we will still wait patiently for the Next Set of Updates. Until then, just alert support when Wolfteam has updates.

22. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I've encounted numerous problems with WSA and PC games. I play many games via the Steam platform. I have about 30 games installed, and many of them update daily... this renders in MANY, MANY false positives each time I start them. It has gone to the point where I've been forced to turn off the heuristics of WSA because I can't stand all the pop-ups about 'a potentially suspicious program is about to start'.

When will we see the promised 'exclude folder' feature? This would solve ALL my problems and probably the author's problems as well... I'd like to exclude my Steam folder from protection, thank you. :)

23. PrevxHelp

It would probably be safest and most beneficial to all of our users if you could write into our support inbox and report the FPs. If you could include a note saying "this happens on every update", that should let the research team know they need to make a more advanced rule to whitelist the files. In the short term, that's going to be the safest approach with no downside of possibly letting malware through if certain folders are excluded.

Thanks! :)

24. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Ok! Thanks, will do! :)

25. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

If you're getting alerts that a suspicious program is about to start, then your Heuristics are set too high. :)

I do Steam games too. I'm fully familiar (and frustrated on occasion) with the constant updates. (You don't want to know how much of a pain it is for HLDS operations). My heuristics are set to defaults, because they are effective and I'd rather let SecureAnywhere do its thing efficiently and silently in the background. Obviously some people would rather be alerted to everything that isn't already known when it tries to run, but that comes at a cost: Anything new (Like Steam updates) will alert you.

The cost of directory exclusions is much higher though. Besides being trivial to know a list of commonly-excluded directories (games especially), it's also possible to poll various directories and monitor the watching of those locations with a polymorphic and otherwise innocuous dropper. Unfortunately, part of security is preventing people from even being able to make catastrophic security errors. If it were possible to exclude a location, you know that dozens of neophytes would end up excluding C:\ and all subdirectories, or something similar.

Most people in your situation would just reduce the heuristics to a level that better suits their needs.

That being said, perhaps instead of an exclusion (which would be Bad), the ability to granularly control heuristics for a directory would be a possibility. Normal heuristics for Steam and higher heuristics for AppData for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.