Problem with Zonealarm Pro latest version

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by infini, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infini

infini Registered Member

After installing Zonealarm Pro version 5.5.062.011, when i try connecting to the internet i get a BSOD (this happens when "verifying user name and password and registering computer in the network), and the computer immediately restarts. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I prefer Zonealarm because it is easy to set up (install and forget) comparing to other firewalls. My operating system is Windows XP with SP2

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

It could be thousands of possibilities to be honest.

What is your log saying in Zonealarm and maybe you can make a rule for what's happening so your connection doesn't get broken? is your network card the right one in your control panel?

3. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i dunno what other programs you are running, but there are some known issues with zonealarm an kav that have been known to cause this. you may also need to update your video driver. like infinity said, it could be anything. there are many posts in the zonealarm forums dealing with the BSOD's. i would check out this thread and do what hoov suggests. the best way to determine your problem is to get the BSOD stop code. and we can go from there.

4. infini

infini Registered Member

I have kaspersky personal 5.0.227

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I believe that kav has a network protection feature...could it be that it is interphering?

can you try to uncheck it in your kav options (I believe it is hidden somewhere in the helpfile

6. INTOXSICKATED

read this .

open up kav,

1. Settings tab.
    2. Configure real time protection (top left).
    3. Troubleshoot (bottom right).
    4. Do not enable protection against network attacks ... (bottom).

see if this works.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  7. infini

infini Registered Member

The problem is indeed the combination of kaspersky and zonealarm. I did a fresh windows installation, installed only zonealarm and i connected to the internet without problems. I will try to disable the protection against network attacks, but i would like kaspersky to work with all the options enabled. It protected me 2-3 times from networks attacks.

8. infini

infini Registered Member

Can someone suggest a good install and forget firewall like zonealarm?

9. Arup

Arup Guest

Try NetVeda at www.netveda.com far more features than Zone Alarm and way less resource consumption.

10. waters

waters Registered Member

Never tried this one.
    Is it good ,and is it free .
    Thanks

11. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

12. infini

infini Registered Member

You think that by disabling "enable protection against network attacks" option i will safe just as before? I don't know if zonealarm will protect me against these attacks just as kaspersky did

13. Arup

Arup Guest

Zone Alarm will protect you if someone tries to hack into your system from LAN, however unlike KAV, it cant' provide you with virus protection. Avast also features LAN protection which does work fine with Zone Alarm in case you would like to check that out.

14. infini

infini Registered Member

I disabled the "enable network attacks at system startup" and now it works ok

15. INTOXSICKATED

zonealarm should protect you against this anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.