Problem with v3.2

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by gtaillandier, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtaillandier

gtaillandier Registered Member

Hello

I'm a new user with ProcessGuard.

I have v1.3.5 and have installed v3.2. ( free version ).
    Problem at shutdown ( Windows XP Home Edition SP2 french ) : csrss not allowed to terminate applications.
    In the options for csrss : unable to check terminate ( by default unchecked ).

Can someone tell me why ?

Sincerely.

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

When you say "problem at shutdown" can you be more specific? Have you tried learning mode?

The last version of PG is 3.410, perhaps you can try downloading this version, just make sure you have properly uninstalled the old one (see the sticky section of this forum).

3. gtaillandier

gtaillandier Registered Member

Hi

When I look at the logfiles, I have :
    c:\windows\system32\csrss.exe [732] was blocked from terminating c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

c:\windows\system32\csrss.exe [732] was blocked from terminating c:\program files\processguard\pgaccount.exe

and others.

Sincerely.

4. Remouald

Remouald Registered Member

You could switch to LEARNING MODE and then reboot. After that, check on the Protection tab to see if "csrss" has got the right to terminate...

Or maybe installing the newest version as recommended by Osaban would resolve your problem ?

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I too recommend that you rev up to V3.410. There were some problems in V3.2 that people encountered. Those problems are corrected in V3.410.

BE SURE to remove PGUARD.DAT and PGHASH.DAT from the C:\Windows\System32 folder when you remove the old version of ProcessGuard and before you install the latest version. You will need to "relearn" everything again with the new version because these two files are not of compatible file structure for the newest version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.