Problem with updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Football, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football

Football Registered Member

The virus signature database that I have installed on my computer is 3813. However, I read on eset's website that the latest one is 3815. Every time I run update I am told that the installed virus signature database is currrent. Whyo_O I restarted my computer without success.
    Any help is much appreciated.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

well - i have the same problem. Even v2 is not updating and settles on 3808.
    NODview for testing purpose can not show anything

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

same here....spent last week cleaning up this pc because something slipped past i could really do without this. 3813 is up to date with 3815 available according to support site (uk site showed 3795 until a day ago!)

4. BTIsaac

BTIsaac Registered Member

So I'm not the only one? I'm stuck on 3808 too. I tried looking up something and it seems something like this happened last year too.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Updates are temporarily stopped due to maintanance. Within 1-2 hours you should update fine.

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Thank you.

7. RonS

RonS Registered Member

I have been having trouble with updates since I first installed ESS in December. I periodically see successfull updates, (i.e., approximately twice per day), but other times, when I go to the update screen I see "Virus signature database update failed." When I try to do it manually it frequently fails. I contacted technical support and was told to go to the Update screen and press the F5 key, press the Clear button & press OK. I did all that but then I get an error dialog box noting "failed to make changes." I contacted ESS technical support again & was told to uninstall and reinstall ESS. I did that, but nothing has changed. I got their 800 number from my ISP, called them but they left me on hold for OVER AN HOUR while they "...researched the problem." :rolleyes:* What I don't understand is, while the program says my updates are out of date, and right now it's noting that "Maximum Protection is not insured," when I go to their website--and this happens all the time--I see that I have the most up to date virus protection.o_O I just checked my update screen and it says I have virus signature database 3836, downloaded 2/7/09, and their website notes the current database signature is the same: 3836 (20090207). I don't know why I always get the "failed to make changes" when I try, but I suspect the program is trying to download more often than there are updates, which accounts for the "Virus signature database update failure" screen most of the time. But, if that is the case, I don't know how to correct it. If anybody can offer me some advice/directions, etc., I would be most appreciative. I can't seem to get any help from ESET.

For what it's worth, I should also note that I am running ESS on Windows Vista 64 bit. It's a brand new computer.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.