Problem with UltimateDefrag 1.72 Free Version

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by allizomeniz, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I've used this software for several months and have been very happy with it, but for some reason it stopped being able to read or move certain files. All other defraggers I've tried are okay, it's just UD. I contacted DiskTrix about a week ago but got no response.

Instead of the normal blue some blocks appear green and if I click a block to see what's there it just says "Used" but can't give any details. Normally directories are green but I know at least some of them aren't directories. The reason I know this is because I was able to figure out a lot of them were in a personal folder I had created on the desktop. I moved them all from there to the Vista Documents folder and that fixed them, at least those it did. But there are still a lot of green blocks that weren't green before and if I try to optimize and move files, all the blocks move okay except for the green ones.

I've tried figuring out if it's something I did but I simply can't figure this out; there's obviously something I'm unaware of. I've tried system restore, safe mode, running as administrator, running with UAC off, uninstall and reinstall several times, setting UD as default defragger, turned on last access, downloaded and installed a new copy but it did the same thing and even downloaded the trial version of UD 2008 and it does it too.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or can anyone think of anything that might be causing it? I've started using PerfectDisk 11 and it's okay but it's still no match for UD. Would love to get it up and running again. :)

Vista Home Basic 32-Bit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.